IVF newbie
Home | About DesignRx | Provider Resources  
DesignRx Forums
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Home     

IVF newbie Expand / Collapse
11/5/2016 8:23 AM
Hello there.

I am new to this forum. I am also new to IVF. I have been doing mini IVF because my AMH was low. We have been doing egg retrievals for the last 7 months. I am worried that this process is slowing us down. I am wondering if there is someone else going through mini IVF. or if they have something to compare between conventional IVF and mini IVF.

Thank you.

2/21/2016 2:30 PM
Thank you all for your replies. I am on day 3 post retrevial and we just got a call from the doctor that we currently have 11 embryos! We will get another update on Wednesday (day 6) in which we will then freeze all viable embryos and wait a month or two before transfer because my doctor is nervous that if we implanted right now I would hyper stimulate. We are considering doing the genetic testing on all viable embryos, has anyone else done this?

Thanks for all the replies!

2/20/2016 8:50 AM
How many follicles is showing? Our 2nd cycle, I only showed 2 so we opted not to go to retrieval and our office basically said we can try again for free (well, not pay extra, only pay for meds again) and did another cycle 2 months later and got 12 eggs, all mature and 1 made it to blastocyst and is on ice.
Every cycle is different
Best of Luck

2/18/2016 4:26 PM
KCG13,
I feel like I could have written the same post. I have also been ttc for 3 years and am in the middle of my first ivf cycle. I've had several failed iuis, so I feel like this is my last hope. Had an ultrasound today and am a little disappointed in my response to stims so far :-/. I agree this is a scary process and I don't really know anyone either that has dealt with infertility. I hope everything is going well for you in your cycle so far!

2/11/2016 10:36 PM
I also had genetic testing - out of 14 fertilized eggs, 5 made it to 5 day blasts, and only one of those 5 tested 'normal'. I'm now 11 weeks pregnant with our baby boy. My husband and I have talked about all the possible disappointment, and likely multiple miscarriages we would have potentially gone through before finding the right embryo. Instead, we're pregnant on our first try. I 1000% recommend PGS. It's worth every penny.

2/11/2016 4:43 PM
Shanny,

I'm sorry things did not work out for you this time. I would absolutely recommend genetic testing for the embryos. Due to our age (my husband is 42 and I am 41), we decided to go with the testing. We had 16 embryos that made it to day 6. After the genetic testing there were only 5 'normal' embryos. We decided to have two embryos implanted and both took on our first try. We know we are incredibly lucky, but I also credit the genetic testing with much of that success. Without it, we would only have had a 1 in 3 chance of a successful pregnancy. I hope this helps!

2/11/2016 4:03 PM
To KCG13, how are you doing? Where are you in the process?

2/11/2016 3:57 PM
Thanks Amily. Since my post things have resolved on their own and my numbers are going back down. We will be ready to start again with my next cycle. Question about genetic testing though. Would you recommend it?

2/9/2016 6:18 PM
Shanny - I don't really have any experience in this area. My best advice is to talk with the nurses and doctor about this. Make a list of your questions and don't be afraid to call them with questions. The more you know about the situation the better for your peace of mind. I will be praying for you!

2/8/2016 7:03 AM
Amily, I was wondering if you could offer any insight. I did my first IV cycle in January. My embryo transfer was the 17th. On the 29th I got my period and went for blood work on the 30th. My HCG was 11, 2 days later it was 14, 2 days later it was 22, 2 days later it was 54 and 2 days later it was 156. I went in for an ultrasound yesterday and nothing could be seen so I have to go back in 2 days. They said I'm more than likely having an ectopic pregnancy which happens in 1% of IVF cases and they may need to administer a methotrexate shot, but they will to wait and see if they can see anything in 2 days, unless of course I have pain first. They said these numbers are not consistent with a healthy pregnancy which I have also read. My question is if it is not ectopic and
and the embryo may be somewhere else its not supposed to be (which they also said was possible) but won't end up causing damage or harm, can I wait it out for it to resolve on its own and how long does that typically take? Any thoughts from Amily or anyone reading this?

2/7/2016 2:43 PM
When I started out on my IVF journey, I felt the same way. Just making that first appointment with the IVF doctor was an emotional leap that was exciting and terrifying all at once. And that sums up the whole IVF journey - exciting moments and terrifying moments, with lots of waiting in between, all while hopped up on tons of hormones :-) My husband and I went through testing, a complete stim cycle, retrieval, genetic testing of embryos, implantation and I am now pregnant with twins. I am happy to answer any questions (I'm no medical expert, just 'been there, done that') about my own experience and provide support and encouragement along the way.

2/5/2016 8:22 PM
Hello all,

Well, I am starting my IVF journey after 3 years of trying to conceive. Honestly, I am scared to death. I am writing this post (which is totally not in my nature) because I feel alone. I don't have any friends or family that have struggled with fertility, so I really don't have anyone to talk to who actually understands. Anyone else out there who needs a virtual friend who can relate what you're going through?
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Share your own and read others' experiences in the following categories:

© 2017 DesignRx, LLC, Inc.    •    1.877.416.6600