Anxiety after 1st egg retrieval
Home | About DesignRx | Provider Resources  
DesignRx Forums
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Home     

Anxiety after 1st egg retrieval Expand / Collapse
2/5/2016 7:21 AM
Hi there! What great numbers. The whole experience is so nerve wracking. And if you have a high stressful job on top of it, makes it worse. Maybe the job can keep you distracted. I think though, when you're going through IVF, You really want to be as stress free as possible. But, you're not alone with the anxiety. It's so hard. I had my office email me the PGS results because I was terrified they would call me when my husband was at work (I work at home, he takes the train to work) and I would hear the bad news all by myself. I wouldn't of been able to handle it. I wanted us together to hear or read the results Well, fortunately, he was home the day we heard and found out we had 2 normal embryos. You can see my story if you go on New to Infertility and 1st IVF at age 43. Another woman posted that and she and I have been going through it together and we are both pregnant. I just turned 44. It's so nice having someone else, even if you don't know who they are, going through the same thing at the same time. I also check out baby center and there's tons of woman who are willing to help and are going through the same thing. Some of the stories are really sad that aren't successful. But there's a lot of success out there too.
Take care and post how your results go.
Best of luck

2/3/2016 10:44 PM
Hi- WE just finished our first set of stim medications and had our retrieval on Monday. The good news is we had 11, 9 eggs retrieved, 6 matured and 6 fertilized. We are now waiting for an update in 5 days to see how many can be sent out for PGS. I am having anxiety and am unsure if this is from the drop medications or just the entire IVF process (we had 3 m/c in the last 1.5 years). Also, I am feeling weird in general. I have a high stress job. This probably has an affect on my mood too. I feel like I need to start saying no at work but this is not the norm for me. My normal coping strategies are off limits for two weeks, exercise, yoga, and baths. Any advice to help mange these mood swings? I have not told any colleagues, Did anyone share with other ladies at work?
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Share your own and read others' experiences in the following categories:

© 2017 DesignRx, LLC, Inc.    •    1.877.416.6600