How many eggs retrieved? How many fertilized?
Home | About DesignRx | Provider Resources  
DesignRx Forums
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Home     

How many eggs retrieved? How many fertilized? Expand / Collapse
12/9/2015 9:16 PM
Thanks, I'm really trying to manage my stress as much as possible. I know that doesn't help. I did walk, meditate and journal today which helped me a lot in the morning. As the day went on though, I just got so TIRED. It seems like every day that I'm on Estrace, I feel a bit worse. Mostly just like I want to sleep all the time. I don't know what my estrogen level is, but I imagine it's sky high. Now I'm just waiting for my husband to get home, and then we'll be doing my very first shot of progesterone in oil. Eeeep!!! I'll let you know how it goes.

12/9/2015 9:18 AM
DONT STRESS!!! I know easier said than done, I have been so stressed lately but its more because this month is so beyond busy with work, traveling and holiday stress. Go to Acupuncture and try meditation...you need to train yourself to put your mind at ease. I have found an easy way to learn how to meditate is an app called Headspace...give it a shot!

12/8/2015 9:48 PM
Hi! I'm still getting ready for transfer and on track. I had an ultrasound on Monday and my lining is 10mm trilaminar, so looking very good. I'm still taking Estrace 3 times a day and I'm starting progesterone in oil shots tomorrow night. Transfer is still scheduled for the 14th. I'm very excited, but now starting to stress about my one good embryo surviving the thaw. I can always find something to stress about! Lol

12/8/2015 1:34 PM
Just checking in with you...how is the progress? My update is I went from 10 eggs to 7 fertilized to 5 and then to 3 that made it to blast and are currently being tested...FINGERS crossed!!!!

XOXO

Sandy

12/3/2015 9:16 PM
Yes, we know the sex - it's a boy, and we are super excited about that! Having had 3 very easily and naturally, it is very surreal to be having to go through all this for a baby now. Overall, we've been very lucky though and we're extremely grateful for our one perfect embryo. There ve been a few bumps along the way. We started this process in August, and we're originally going to do our stim cycle then, but then they found 2 polyps which had to be removed before we could do anything. We did our stim cycle in September, which went very smoothly. My transfer cycle has been derailed twice though, due to high estradiol levels. They finally got the meds right, so I think we're on track now. Who knew it would take this long though?!!

12/3/2015 4:23 PM
Hi! That is fantastic, isn't it amazing how it goes from so many eggs to next to nothing. It amazes me how people get pregnant naturally! Did you find out what you are implanting as far as the sex?

Sending good vibes your way for the 14th!

I am currently on hold due to an abnormal pap and a seizure disorder after an incident during after my retrieval! It's so nice to hear positive stories like yours to keep my hopes up!

12/3/2015 4:16 PM
Hi Sandy!
I'm 43 and am doing my first cycle of IVF right now. I have 3 grown sons from a previous marriage and had a tubal ligation following the birth of my youngest. He's now 14. I remarried and my husband has no children of his own, hence the IVF now. I had 23 eggs retrieved, of those 14 fertilized with ICSI. Out of 14, 5 made it to 5-day blastocysts. We sent those 5 for PGS, and 1 came back normal. We are currently in the process of getting ready for transfer, which is set for Dec 14.

12/3/2015 12:44 PM
Hi All,

I just thought it would be fun to read other peoples retrievals/fertilized/embryos at blast...I just have my retrieval yesterday and they took out 10 eggs, 7 of which were mature and 7 of which were naturally fertilized. I have my next update on Monday followed by a follow up on Tuesday and then these guys go into PGS testing...

What is everyone's results...how many frozen embryos did you end up with and did they take? I am just looking for some positive energy.

XO

Sandy
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Share your own and read others' experiences in the following categories:

© 2017 DesignRx, LLC, Inc.    •    1.877.416.6600