PGD/PGS Testing
Home | About DesignRx | Provider Resources  
DesignRx Forums
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Home     

PGD/PGS Testing Expand / Collapse
12/7/2015 4:15 PM
I am so excited for you...that is so close! I heard from my doctor this morning and she said the embryos are growing slower than normal (she hopes all 5 will be at blastocyst by tomorrow). I told her I expected that because perfection always takes longer! LOL...I have to make light of all of this. It is truly a taxing feat! How are you feeling on the Lupron? I went through some hormone withdrawal since I got off of it and had a tough weekend but I feel my body finally going back to normal. THANK GOD! PS, I LOVE acupuncture. I do treatments every weekend and it find it really helps me to decompose and focus on my body. I also started meditating every morning and it works wonders (I use an app on my phone called headspace). Once you get the hang of meditation its amazing what you can shut out...I actually can put myself to sleep in 10 minutes. Keep me posted and sending many prayers your way! XO

Sandy

12/7/2015 11:25 AM
Yay!!! That's so exciting!!! Prayers to you and your little embies!!! But that stinks about not being able to do the transfer but its better to do it right. It will all work out
Nothing to new right now. I go in next Monday for ultrasound and start the Lupron shots. Once I have my period, I will start the pill and we are shooting for Jan 15th for transfer. I'm starting back with acupuncture tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it. It's so relaxing and I do feel really good when I leave. A lot of women swear by it with helping with getting pregnant so I figure it cant hurt.
I'll keep you posted and you do the same!

12/5/2015 1:32 PM
Hi! Thanks for checking in. I had my surgery and they retrieved 10 eggs! Out of the 10 7 of them were mature and all 7 fertilized. I will know how many made it to blast by Tuesday and then testing takes place. But unfortunately I had to postpone implantation due to an abnormal pap and an incident with my syncope acting up. I now have to get a colposcopy done and get clearance again from my neurologist and cardiologist which may require further testing. I just pray I get the release!!!!

How are things on your end? Fill me in

Xo

Sandy

12/5/2015 8:49 AM
How did it all go???? How are you feeling????

12/1/2015 9:10 AM
Hi!

Thank you for your input. Yes just the testing alone is $7K. That was not including my meds or my treatment. I actually just took my trigger shot last night and I have my retrieval tomorrow. We decided to move forward with the testing just in case but you're so right...NOTHING is guaranteed!!!!

7 embryos?!?!?!?! That's amazing congratulations....that is a great number, I pray they are all healthy for you. When is your implantation?

Fingers crossed...sending positive vibes your way!

XO

12/1/2015 8:56 AM
Hi Sandy, I don't know all the answers to your question because I'm in the PGS testing phase right now.
I'm 43 and we bought a package that has the PGS in it which the total came to about $25000. (we bought 2 IVF cycles) and that's not including the cost of our meds. It makes me sick thinking of the cost but I think PGS is important when we are older. It doesn't guarantee anything though. I have a friend that got a good PGS and didn't have a good transfer so its scary either way. I decided to get it because I've had 2 miscarriages.
I have 7 embryos being tested and should hear the results this week.
Best of luck to you!

11/24/2015 1:37 PM
Hello,

Due to my age my doctor has said we should do the PGD/PGS testing. This comes out to about $7,000 out of pocket that is not covered by insurance and I am very curious if this has truly helped people in the past. They say this lowers your risk of miscarriage and raises your chances of a successful transfer but I am skeptical. In addition how long does the implantation happen after taking the "trigger shot". I am on day 3 of Gonal-F injections and should have my first retrieval on December 3rd or 4th. How long after should I expect to do the implantation as the embryos will have to go through testing and I believe this adds a weeks time? Any help or experiences would help...

thank you so much!

Sandy
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Share your own and read others' experiences in the following categories:

© 2017 DesignRx, LLC, Inc.    •    1.877.416.6600