New to IVF at 38
Home | About DesignRx | Provider Resources  
DesignRx Forums
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Home     

New to IVF at 38 Expand / Collapse
10/25/2015 10:26 PM
Hi, my name is rose and I'm going through fertility issues as well. I'm 32 and my husband and I went through a successful if first time in 2009 and we have a beautiful 6 year old. Now forward 6 years later and we want to give our daughter a sibling and were doing this all over again. Its stressful, expensive and emotional. Our first try was successful but I was 26 and I'm sure had a lot to do with it. I'm 32 now and had tried femara and iui and was unsuccessful. Were moving on to ivf now again for a second child. I have gone through all the emotions all over again and can't stop wondering what if it doesn't work. My insurance barely covers the meds and follistim was 2400 with insurance. Finally with the help of an assistance program I got 75% off the drug. If you have any questions feel free to ask I had a successful ivf first try and going for it again. Good luck to you and hope we will be sharing success stories soon

10/2/2015 6:20 PM
We are starting our 1st IVF round after being together for 13 years with no pregnancies. There is a male factor and I have PCOS. I was supposed to order the drugs but ended up postponing everything. I am very anxious about the money (my insurance covers the injections, but the benefit is so small, they will eat up the entire amount since they require me to go through their specialty pharmacy.) Then I worry about the process, if it doesn't work, should we do the pgd to make sure we have good embryos. It's enough to make me doubt my desire to have a child. Then I see pregnant women and feel jealous, even though I am happy for them. I don't have anyone to talk to about this, the few people I have told don't really seem interested in my journey, and my husband is stressed out by my stress.
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Share your own and read others' experiences in the following categories:

© 2017 DesignRx, LLC, Inc.    •    1.877.416.6600