IVF Support
Home | About DesignRx | Provider Resources  
DesignRx Forums
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Home     

IVF Support Expand / Collapse
3/31/2015 9:26 PM
Dear Khayes,

thank you so much for your kind and encouraging words. I have been reading you response multiple times and it does give me strength. I am so sorry you are still not able to have a baby, and the miscarriage at 14 weeks had to be excruciating. Me and my husband will pray for you to have a healthy beautiful child. May God bless you!

Laila

3/28/2015 8:00 PM
LailaE,

Hold on sweetheart. IVF is not for the faint of heart.....but it takes experience to grow strength. That is why it is great you are reaching out to others! My hubby had a vasectomy after his first wife had a stroke so IVF is the only way we can get pregnant as the reversal was unsuccessful. I have two step children from his previous marriage too, & an adoptive son. I've had 6 cycles that have worked 50% of the time. However the 1st 2 were ectopic pregnancies & the last has led to a missed miscarriage at 14 weeks due to a chromosomal abnormality. I am a veteran and if there is any advice I could give you it would be to believe in yourself & your body. IVF is not a normal process. We are asking our bodies to do extraordinary things and it might take a few cycles to find the right protocol for you. That being said, every cycle is different. So don't judge future success based on your first cycle. Don't let 'unexpected' results make you feel like your body is doing something wrong. I have learned quality is much more important than quantity & you are young! All it takes is one! I've had cycles with 10 eggs & others with 4. I've actually gotten pregnant each time on those with the lowest yields. We have to expect failure just as much as we hope for success so get your armor on & continue to fight!
With respect to your husband not wanting to share with others, I can't give you any advice other than keep talking with each other. If you are struggling emotionally talk to a counselor who specializes in fertility issues. I did that after my first failed cycle & it was great to get some tools on coping. Perhaps your husband would be at least willing to talk to a 3rd party if it was confidential? If there is anything else I can help you with just ask. I've been where you are and you will make your way through this. As bad as it has gotten, I wouldn't trade this experience & the amazing lessons it has taught me. Big hugs!

3/27/2015 4:32 PM
Hello Dear Ladies,

I just wanted to share my story and see if there are women going through similar… I just turned 31 and already have one failed IVF in my pocket… Devastating as it gets, i do try to stay positive. Some days are a little better then others… Currently I am on birth control and starting my 2nd IVF cycle in less then 2 weeks.

I think the 1st most difficult thing for me is to cope with the fact that my husband has 2 children from the previous marriage. After all the testing we found out that I am completely healthy and his specimen results were as bad as not leaving me any chances of getting pregnant naturally.

2nd problem I had - was the IVF cycle itself. It crashed and was a complete failure. My body did not react to injections the way the doctor expected. Had only 4 mature eggs , out of which only 2 fertilized. The doctor transferred 2 embryos the 3rd day and they did not survive. I was quite sick after the retrieval (had stitches and severe reaction to some other meds) so that was no surprise…

3rd - my husband wants to keep it all a secret. So I really feel alone in this, not having who to talk to, drowning in my own tears, scared of 2nd failure...

I do hope to find some comfort in this forum and hopefully support other ladies going through same.
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Share your own and read others' experiences in the following categories:

© 2017 DesignRx, LLC, Inc.    •    1.877.416.6600