1st IVF try cancelled before starting stims
Home | About DesignRx | Provider Resources  
DesignRx Forums
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Home     

1st IVF try cancelled before starting stims Expand / Collapse
2/22/2015 12:12 AM
Hi patientlywaitingbaby1,
I know how frustrating this process can be. My very first IVF cycle was cancelled due to oversuppression by lupron! This might just be part of the learning curve for how your body responds to meds. Do not give up! This is not a normal process we are asking our bodies to go through & it takes time to adjust & learn our responses. It sounds like you may need a different protocol or meds. I know that in women with diminished ovarian reserve or premature ovarian failure, their bodies select a dominant follicle early in their cycle, sometimes even before their last cycle is over. That is why as we age, our cycles tend to get shorter. Therefore maybe day 5 to start the pill is just too late for you to be suppressed enough. Perhaps that brand or type of BCP isn't responsive for you as well. Some women do ovulate through the pill. They do have brands that are more potent. You didn't mention your age so I'm not sure if that is playing a role. Don't let one nurses experience make you feel like your body is weird. You are not alone & again, this is not a normal process. I've done 6 full cycles & 2 others that were cancelled. (I've had 2 ectopics & 1 currently healthy pregnancy) I know my body's response to this process rather well but there are always surprises. This road bump is not a predictor for everything that is ahead. So be hopeful & don't get down on your body no matter what someone might say. Keep learning you & continue to advocate for yourself. Keep us posted & I'll keep you in my prayers!

2/20/2015 5:32 PM
Today I went in for ultrasound and blood work before starting stims tonight. I haven't had a period yet but my hcg was negative. I have been taking Lupron 10 units a night and was on bcp for 22 days. My estradiol level was 238 and progesterone was 10 signifying I ovulated. My doctors office called earlier today and said this cycle was cancelled. I am so frustrated and upset that this happened. The nurse I spoke with said she has never had this happen to a patient before. Our infertility is unknown, all numbers before starting were fine. Has anyone ever experienced this before? My doctor started me on bcp on cycle day 5 and I am wondering if that was too late to prevent ovulation. Any feedback would be great. Thank you!
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Share your own and read others' experiences in the following categories:

© 2017 DesignRx, LLC, Inc.    •    1.877.416.6600