October / November 2014 IVF Cycle
Home | About DesignRx | Provider Resources  
DesignRx Forums
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Home     

October / November 2014 IVF Cycle Expand / Collapse
10/20/2014 8:56 PM
I am like overall emotional bout my whole ivf process , idk why maybe I'm looking at sites & women saying they failed a lot, I was overly excited but all of sudden got scared, this is the only place I can't vent where people understand my pain ... Everyone keeps saying your young don't worry..... My boyfriend thinks the Novarel is making me emotional but only took it once , I've even had a glass of wine today to ease stress while waiting for period to start cycle

10/19/2014 3:53 PM
Hi all,

New to this forum, unfortunately not so new to IVF / fertility treatments.

My background:

Me & DH (38) TTC #1 since 2008
8 IUI's 2009-2013
IVF #1 Feb 2011: 22 eggs retrieved / none fertilized (results: too thick zona pellucida)
5 Myomectomies (uterine fibroids & polyp removal) 2010-2014 -- latest: fibroids Jan '14 and polyps Sep '14
PCOS
IVF #2 Oct 2014

In process of IVF #2 right now, currently on day 3 of stims -- Follistim (150) and Menopur (75). Expected ER on Wednesday, 10/29 and we are looking to freeze this time around to allow for a normal cycle to flush through my system. I go in tomorrow (Monday) for US & blood draw, then again on Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday.

Embarrassing admission: I am deathly afraid of needles and have had this phobia since I was a child, thanks to a really bad blood draw where I passed out, hit my head, and received a nasty concussion. So, for my first IVF, I had to go in to my facility to have them do my injections every day -- which helped ease the idea of needles in general, just not the idea of me giving them to myself. This time around - not sure if I just want this so bad because it's our last attempt at any type of fertility treatment or if I want to prove to myself that I can overcome this - I've decided to buck up and do them myself. Friday / Day #1 of stims was interesting, but I surprised even myself when I was able to get everything done. Icing my stomach definitely helped and of course the second time around was even easier.

Anyhow, hoping to connect with anyone else undergoing IVF right now. Best of luck to you all!
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Share your own and read others' experiences in the following categories:

© 2017 DesignRx, LLC, Inc.    •    1.877.416.6600