First IUI
Home | About DesignRx | Provider Resources  
DesignRx Forums
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Home     

First IUI Expand / Collapse
7/21/2014 11:40 AM
Hopeful1, I'm so sorry to hear of all that you've been going through. I've never had IUI but don't lose hope. From all I have read, every pregnancy is different and there are so many random symptoms that are experienced or not. It might be normal spotting and cramping. I've heard that there is implantation bleeding and cramping of the uterus, so maybe this is what you feel. Also keep in mind that your body is undergoing hormonal changes due to the meds which attribute to these symptoms. If you are on Progesterone, the discharge can be normal. I wish you and your husband lots lof luck and health. You two have been through so much that a baby will definitely bring some much needed joy into your lives.

Twinkles, I'm thinking about you today as you go in for your retrieval...hope the follicles had strong mature eggs in them and they do well and thrive upon meeting the sperm Your doctor is right, it just takes one to make a baby! Good luck...so, transfer will take place possibly Saturday?
I'm a nervous wreck, thanks for asking! My blood test is today and I'm freaking out. I can't help but feel so negative about the whole thing because I have cramps (period like) and I don't have any other "pregnancy" symptom. I know, as I told hopeful1, that every pregnancy is different and some might be symptom free. Please please please keep us in your prayers for a positive pregnancy! I've never ever wanted anything more than this. I'm 43, almost 44 and I'm getting really ansy!

7/21/2014 10:16 AM
hopeful1, I haven't experienced the IUI symptom's you are experiencing, but will be praying for you and wish you all the success in the world. Especially since you have had so much going on in your life. Please keep us posted.

7/20/2014 9:31 PM
Well, it looks like tomorrow will be my retrieval. I ended up with three follicles -22, 17 and 14. Hope everything goes well tomorrow. It is so stressful, but the dr keeps reminding me all we need is one, so holding out hope, and having lots of faith.

Wanttobeamommy, how are you doing? Praying for you as well in your 2ww wait.

Hope the rest of you are doing well. Have loved all the success stories. It gives me something to look forward to.

Baby dust to all.

7/20/2014 6:13 PM
I had my first IUI done on Friday, July 18. I was on follistim & ovidrel. I had slight cramping day of the IUI which they said would be normal. Yesterday, I had a very faint & light pink color in my discharge when I had whiped yesterday. And my discharge is not more normal, seems thicker. Now today, I have had lower backaches & lower abdomen cramps. Has anyone else experienced this?

I know I am just a few days into this & I don't want to get my hopes up if this doesn't take. My husband had cancer & the whole reason why we have to do IUI is because he had chemotherapy & that made him sterile. I am only 26 years old, never been pregnant, & my tests prior to this have all be good by what my fertility Dr says. So we could really use a sweet bundle of joy in our life after all we have been through.

Thanks & God Bless

-S
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Share your own and read others' experiences in the following categories:

© 2017 DesignRx, LLC, Inc.    •    1.877.416.6600