Abnormal Pap Smear just before starting IVF cycle
Home | About DesignRx | Provider Resources  
DesignRx Forums
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Home     

Abnormal Pap Smear just before starting IVF cycle Expand / Collapse
7/28/2014 10:04 AM
Good to hear this jillgraymond. Good luck in your FET. Praying for you.

7/25/2014 8:36 AM
Good news - my biopsy came back as absolutely NORMAL! I will just follow up in a year for a regular pap smear. Just waiting on a call today from our IVF nurse to see when we can get the ball rolling again

7/11/2014 9:56 AM
Thanks, 2014Mom. My colposcopy is scheduled for Wednesday. In 2012 when I had the same results I ended up having a LEEP and pap smears every 4 months until 3 came back normal. I was just wondering if this meant I'd have to delay my cycle 12 months (worst case scenario) or if it was more like what you said, they'll do the colposocpy and then let me get back to the cycle. Thanks for your feedback. It is much appreciated, and I'll keep you posted.

7/11/2014 9:30 AM
Hello jillgraymond, welcome to the forum. Usually when something comes abnormal, the doctors just want to know what they will be dealing with before they proceed. So I think what they may recommend is Colposcopy. They will check the cells or tissue surrounding your cervix to test the abnormal cells. Then once they tell you what it is, then the doctor should proceed with your cycle. Nothing to panic about..I say this because I too have mild dysplasia and my cycle went on just fine. The only thing is instead of getting pap once a year they may have to do it twice a year or 4 times a year. I get mine done 4 times a year and Colposcopy once a year. Again the doctors like to take pre-caution when they see something that is not normal.
Good luck and please let us know how things turn out.

7/10/2014 3:27 PM
My husband and I were about to start injections this Monday when my OBGYN called to tell me that my pap smear came back with LGSIL - mild dysplasia. My IVF doctor canceled our cycle (luckily I hadn't begun any of the injections) and said I needed to take of this issue first. Anyone else dealt with this? How long will I have to wait until we can start IVF again? We are devastated. This has been a LONG road and we felt we were so close.

Thanks
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Share your own and read others' experiences in the following categories:

© 2017 DesignRx, LLC, Inc.    •    1.877.416.6600