So Nervous!!!
Home | About DesignRx | Provider Resources  
DesignRx Forums
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Home     

So Nervous!!! Expand / Collapse
3/13/2014 1:23 PM
Hello Ladies!! wannabeamommy I am so HAPPY that you decided to go with another office. The fact that your original office has not called you back is not a good look at all! How are you supposed to feel comfortable in their care after that. This can be the BEST move for you. God does everything for a reason and this change will be great for you guys. A breath of fresh air, it's exactly what you needed. I wish you all the best! Let me know how the visit goes.

So I had an appointment yesterday. Out of the 4 follicles I had Tuesday I now have 3 and looks like only 2 are good enough to retrieve but he is going to try for 3 Basically the same as last time. Out of the 3 follicles they were only able to retrieve 2 eggs. 1 didnt make it right away and the other after 3 days did not fertilize. I am hoping and praying that these are stronger then the last. Thats all I can do. I am just going through the motions at this point. I am scared of getting too excited like the last and getting my heart crushed. I have an appointment tomorrow A.M. and they think that I will be doing my trigger tomorrow night and retrieve Sunday.I am surprisingly relaxed right now about it all. Its in Gods hands.

2014MOM I wish you luck and hope they are able to retrieve what follicles you do have. I think they are able to change up your protocol to see if it works better with your folicly growth. Ask about that. As far as your left over meds I KNOW it's annoying and expensive. We were lucky enough to get approved for assistance for the meds but we still had to pay something out of pocket plus it does not cover all meds. I had to get 40 vials of menopur alone and paid full price which is crazy expensive. Ask your Dr's office if they help you sell whatever meds you have left over. I was able to buy some meds from a patient that had left over meds. You sell it back at whatever price you want. The Dr's office just helps as far as telling other patients that the meds are available. That can help getting some of your money back. I might have to do it this time around. I have a few left overs.

Hopeful29 I am excited for you and hope to be in that 2 week waiting stage soon myself. Please keep us updated.

Best of luck to ALL of you ladies!!

3/13/2014 1:01 PM
wanttobeamommy, glad to hear you have found a new place. In this journey the last thing we need are non responsive doctors, nurses and any other employee at these centers. It is already hard on us at it is, we are very vulnerable. I hope that this works out for you. Have you at anytime had successful IVF? This is quiet a journey I never even dared think that I would take...first I was diagnosed with blocked tubes by my OB who sent me to fertility center, fertility center wanted to have their own HSG test and the thought of that pain scared me, goof thing the fertility DR gave me valium (very nice of him, my OB did not even prepare me for the pain) the second time HSG showed that my tubes were okay. DH also has good sperms, so fertility doctor said it is unexplained infertility coz we have been trying for 1.5yrs. Did two cycles of clomid with intercourse, nothing happened. I get AF regular every 28 days..so we decided IVF. I am 32yrs DH is going to be 40 in June, he was hoping to be a dad by 40yrs. I spent alot of time in June 2013 crying and wailing asking God why. But now, I have accepted my situation and I believe God knew I was going to pass through this, we already have the powers and strength within us to over come the challenges that come our way. I believe and pray for all women facing this challenge. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Hugs

3/13/2014 11:53 AM
Good morning, ladies. Hopeful29, they strongly discourage the HPT but I could see the temptation. My IVF Coordinator told me a story about one of their patients that couldn't wait. She took a test and it came out negative. She was in tears and called them and didn't even want to go do the lab work at the doctor's office. They convinced her to do so. She went in all smiles, she had retaken the test at home and the labs confirmed that she was pregnant. So, HPT's are not always as accurate and will play with your emotions one way or the other. I had been tempted each of the three times but stayed away.
Hope things are moving along well with you guys.

2014Mom, I am happy to say that I have contacted another fertility center that has been highly recommended by some friends that went through IVF themselves and they now have a healthy 2 year old little boy. We were hesitant because my friend is a psychologist with a lot of money and the office is in Beverly Hills. My husband and I were staying clear from there but turns out their fees are reasonable. We go in to meet the staff, see the clinic and for an initial consultation with the doctor tomorrow afternoon. I'm really excited as I have heard nothing but good things about their office. The reason I am switching doctors and fertility centers is because they have been so bad at returning my calls and emails. I called twice last week (Monday and Tuesday) and was promised, each time, a call back by the end of the day. My husband went yesterday to get some of the information and all they did was apologize and not even sure what excuse they gave. I also emailed my IVD coordinator on Thursday and one week later, no reply. It's unfortunate because I was asking them about all their fees so we could start this process all over again. There seems to be a lack of compassion and sensitivity and frankly, I'm sick of it. We have been going through this for 2 years now.

Well, let's see where this journey leads us all to....hopefully to a trip to the OB/GYN for baby care!

3/13/2014 8:39 AM
Hello Hopeful29, any news? Sending you best of lucks and cheering for you and your baby! Keep us updated.
wanttobeamommy, do not lose hope of be scared, go on and celebrate your 12 embroys. Stay positive (easy to say) You are in my thoughts and rooting for you. Why are you thinking of changing doctors? I am being hopeful and prayerful for you ladies. It is an emotional rollercoster and we all go through the ups and downs, one day we are postive and hopeful the next we do not want to get out of bed. When we will be mothers (and we will) we will not even remember the agony. We will be filled with so much joy and all these will seem trivial. Let us keep our focus on the end results. Thinking of you...lots of hugs!

3/11/2014 10:28 PM
I can imagine how you feel. Thanks for your encouragement (so tempted to do a hpt). I really do hope it works for you this time. I would keep you posted about my result. Thanks again and I wish you lots of luck too.

3/11/2014 10:15 PM
Your feelings and emotions are totally normal. Don't lose hope, easier said than done, I know, but I've read so much that you can have cramps and spotting just like you would for your period and it can be the embryo attaching to your uterus. Let's hope and pray for a baby.
I just woke up very emotional and frustrated. This will be our 4th time trying. 12 frozen embryos are great but I can't help but want my baby now and be scared that I have another unsuccessful attempt. I might consider another doctor. We'll see in the next couple weeks what we will do. Keep me posted about your results. Lots of luck!

3/11/2014 9:45 PM
why did you have a bad morning? I thought the 12 embryo's was a great news. Did something happen? hope you feel better.

3/11/2014 9:44 PM
yes, by the end of the week, but honestly I am gradually loosing hope. this is day 9 after transfer and i still have slight cramps and spotting which i think is dragging and unusual. I'm forced to believe it's my period just about to start for real. I have been so deep in thoughts all day and very sad. I would be broken if this doesn't work, these signs are already weighing me down.

3/11/2014 3:01 PM
Good afternoon...your doctor's right. All we need is one good embryo to stick and that is all. I just wish that it'd be easier!
It's emotionally draining. I had a bad morning but hopefully things will move forward in the next month.
When is your pregnancy test? This week some time, right? Lots of luck!!!

3/11/2014 2:31 PM
you know, the 12 embryo's just clicked! that's to tell you how far away in thoughts I am. I am happy to hear that. 12 is a big number. I had only 7 follicles that produced 6 eggs, 1 was empty. out of 6 eggs, 4 fertilized and 2 got to blastocyst stage. 1 was transferred, and 1 was frozen. I was thankful though, cause my doctor kept assuring me we just needed 1 good 1. I am also happy we could freeze 1. lets both be hopeful for great success. I guess soon, we would both be celebrating.

3/11/2014 2:23 PM
Thank you! It's really a rough and tough road, but I hope we get what we desire (a baby) with this tries. I wish you all the best too.

3/10/2014 12:57 PM
Thank you...we've been through a lot with this whole process and each time has been different but with no results. We aren't giving up. I just got an email from our embryologist confirming that we have 12 frozen embryos. It's normal to be nervous. I was ok during the entire thing until the wait for the pregnancy test results to come in.
Anyhow, we have to try to remain calm and collect...sending you lots of good luck!

3/10/2014 11:45 AM
I am sorry to hear about yours. I hope you are going for another try? I am so nervous, but very hopeful. I really hope it’s a good sign and not my period on the way. Thanks for your encouraging response. I can’t wait to go for my test.

3/10/2014 11:28 AM
Good morning. From all I've read, cramping with some spotting can be a good sign of implantation...hopefully that is the case with you. I had the cramping without the spotting and, unfortunately, without a baby. Good luck to you....it sounds like it may have been a successful IVF!

3/9/2014 10:34 PM
Hello,
I am new on this forum, and this is my first IVF. I have been on my 2 week wait but haven’t really been nervous. I have had slight cramps, it feels just like my period is coming and I had some very small spotting today, that’s why I am so nervous. I had a day 5 blastocyst transfer Monday last week, today is 6 days after. What are your experiences? Has anyone had slight cramping on day 6 with spotting? When does implantation occur actually?
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Share your own and read others' experiences in the following categories:

© 2017 DesignRx, LLC, Inc.    •    1.877.416.6600