First IVF
Home | About DesignRx | Provider Resources  
DesignRx Forums
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Home     

First IVF Expand / Collapse
12/30/2013 12:25 PM
Good morning, Dill10. Sending you lots of luck during this next month. It's definitely an emotional journey, so I would say try your hardest to be patient. It's easier said than done...I had it said to me all the time but I found it hard sometimes to keep my sanity. My experience with the injections went smooth and no side effects. It brought my husband and I so close. After we were done, surprisingly, I missed them. Lol
Unfortunately, we did not get pregnant. I'm 43 and my husband 37 and I produce very little eggs. We attempted a second cycle but with worse results than the first round. At that point, my doctor suggested we try "timed sex" over insemination or the retrieval/transfer process. My chances of conceiving were about the same given the number of eggs I had produced. She didn't want us to go through the financial cost and emotional rollercoaster with what I had. Once again, sadly, we did not get pregnant. At this point, our best option is going with an egg donor. We have struggled to find a good and dedicated match and have found one that is more than willing to help us out. We should be looking at mid month to do the retrieval and transfer. It's an emotional roller coaster and all we could do is hope and pray for the best.
We all have a different story and experience, so do not get discouraged or disappointed when you read my or anyone else's story. Miracles do happen and hopefully we all have a little one in nine months.
Take care and lots of luck!

12/30/2013 8:13 AM
Hello All,

I started my injections for my first IVF treatment two days ago and things are going well so far. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for the past 2 1/2 years with three unsuccessful IUI's. I am hoping IVF does the trick and I will produce plenty of embryos to freeze for later pregnancies. My husband and I both have infertility issues which is very frustrating. His sperm count is low and he has issues with morphology. My doctor describes me as "hypo hypo" since my brain doesn't regulate my hormones correctly and I don't get a regular period/ovulation cycle. My husband and I are both marathon runners and I stopped running last week in case it has an effect. I am also cutting back on caffeine and trying to do anything to increase my chances of getting pregnant. I would appreciate any advice, pep talk, or success stories as this is very overwhelming.

Thanks!
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Share your own and read others' experiences in the following categories:

© 2017 DesignRx, LLC, Inc.    •    1.877.416.6600