First round of IVF
Home | About DesignRx | Provider Resources  
DesignRx Forums
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

First round of IVF Expand / Collapse

7/21/2017 4:38 PM
hi, i am about to begin my IVF treatment, first round. I tried IUI twice, didn't have any success. how is your first treatment?

6/3/2013 10:52 AM
Hello All--My husband and I have been TTC for 8+ years now. I am 33, and he is 30. I have been poked and prodded more than Id like to find out everything always looks good in my bloodwork but I do not ovulate, they even did an HSG without taking Clomid/Femara and then I ovulate late. Finally my OBGYN gave up literally said I cant do anything else for you go to a fertility dr.

Somehow I managed to find one of the top 10 doctors in the states for infertility and he happens to be in my area. We met with him, and he reviewed all my info, had an ultrasound completed to check my follicles, etc. and said IVF is the way to go. He said because you are ovulating late the quality of eggs you are likely getting is not good. He believes me to have polycystic like symptoms, without actually having polycystic ovarian syndrome.

My target date for egg retrieval is 6/27---coming up fast! I started my Lupron injection yesterday and will have that until 6/16 and then I start Follistim & menupur and will have daily ultrasound and bloodwork. Im trying not to be anxious/nervous so that my body can be relaxed and excel in this process....but is not easy....

If anyone has been through this process and has helpful hints Id appreciate it!
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Share your own and read others' experiences in the following categories:

© 2017 DesignRx, LLC, Inc.    •    1.877.416.6600