Going on second cycle and really nervous
Home | About DesignRx | Provider Resources  
DesignRx Forums
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Home     

Going on second cycle and really nervous Expand / Collapse
5/24/2013 11:56 AM
Hi Wanttobeamommy all I know is with science the odds go up... at least my husband always says that. so we are doing a second retrieval to increase the odds. good luck

4/30/2013 3:09 PM
Good morning, ladies. Thank you all for being so open and honest. I find that reading these blogs about IVF to be quite comforting in knowing I am not alone with my feelings of frustration, fear and sadness. Here is my story...I am 42 years old and my husband 36. He has a 6 year old and I don't have any children thus far. It's a very heart wrenching thing to be going through, especially when your partner has already experienced this miracle without you. We began our journey in October 2012. I was told I had uterine fibroids and underwent a hysteroscopy. At the end of January 2013 we started with the Bravelle and Menopur injections. We had 5 eggs retrieved early February...3 fertilized. However, I was saddened to hear that one was in isolation because it wasn't very active and the other two were just "ok." The day of the embryo transfer, I was devastated to hear that one of the "ok" embryos arrested. My doctor was amazed to learn that in 4 days my little "ok" embryo went to an "A" class embryo. Great news we thought ...unfortunately, out of the two transferred, neither attached to my uterus. We were both devastated but not giving up.
In March, I was prescribed DHEAS and have been consistently going to acupuncture and we are getting ready to begin cycle number two. I am terrified that it will not happen. I have no idea what our next step would be. It's a financial strain as well as an emotional one. As much as I try to be positive, the ugly thoughts come up. I know there are many success stories out there. We are not very spiritual or religious but have really dedicated ourselves to praying and strengthening our faith. Prayers and good thoughts are welcome.
At this time, we are awaiting my cycle to begin so we could start with the injections once again.
Have a great day ladies and well wishes to you all!
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Share your own and read others' experiences in the following categories:

© 2017 DesignRx, LLC, Inc.    •    1.877.416.6600