First FET & 2ww
Home | About DesignRx | Provider Resources  
DesignRx Forums
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

First FET & 2ww Expand / Collapse

10/1/2012 7:16 PM
So...what happened? I just started today, but it looks like a lot of people are posting in their anxiety but don't come back later to tell what happened. I honestly hope that you are pregnant and everything is going ok.

8/31/2012 2:59 PM
I have been told by many doctors that there is no such thing as a false positive on a HPT, only false negatives. Here's how it was explained to me: each woman is born with a certain level of HCG in their bodies, some higher than others. Once you get pregnant the HCG doubles about every other day. It has to reach a certain level to register as positive on a HPT. For the women whose normal HCG is naturally low, it can take longer for the level to get high enough to register as positive on a HPT. I had a friend that kept getting negatives on her HPTs and finally went to the doctor. When they did bloodwork she found out she was 8 weeks pregnant. That's a long time to be pregnant without a positive HPT! She went on to have a healthy baby. Don't give up hope and don't get discouraged about the negative HPTs. You might just have to wait until you do the bloodwork. Good luck with everything!

8/28/2012 9:20 PM
Curiosity got the best of me today and I took a hpt and got a negative. I just wanted to know if it is possible to get a BFN on a hpt and a BFP on a beta test? My mother had 3 children and never tested positive on a pee test; she always had to confirm pregnancy through blood work. This is my only shred of hope left!!

8/27/2012 1:40 PM
I am not completely new to IVF/Infertility but I wanted to share our journey to our recent FET & 2ww. I read posts all the time but thought maybe it was time to post myself.

I am 28- PCOS, Ovary & Tube removed at age 7 (ovary and tube had died), remaining Tube removed almost 1 year ago (severely blocked). DH is 26- donor quality sperm/count, no issues.

We started TTC a year ago last May. After only a short 2 months of trying and failing to get a smiley face on the ovulation sticks, and an OB that said "If it doesn't hurt, keep trying", I decided it was time to seek other opinions. My mother was on an American Airlines flight and in the American Way magazine was an article on Top Docs. An RE in Plano, TX was listed so I sought him out. Thinking they would tell me it was too soon to see them, to my surprise they wanted to see me. After the HSG procedure, it was confirmed that my remaining tube was blocked. A few months later my laproscopic procedure was schedule for it's removal. Leaving me and my DH no choice but to do IVF. After a short time recovering, I started the stimulation meds. I reacted so well to the medication, they actually had to keep reducing my dose as the days when on. On the day of my egg retrieval, my RE took 24 eggs from my single ovary. Going into my transfer day, we had 12 good eggs ready. Here's where the kicker starts... Almost 24 hours after the ET, I started experiencing excruciating pain very very low. My doctor was concerned it was OHSS so I had a check and a sonogram done. All seemed ok as my ovary will remain a little larger than normal due to the PCOS. My family and I were then convinced I was 'blocked' from some of the pain medication I had been given. After several different attempts to unblock and an embarrassing visit to the ER it was decided that that was no longer the issue (TMI- the embarrassing story is my bowels were relieved in the ER room after all the meds I had taken)! After bearing the pain for 4 days, I went and visited my RE again. Another sonogram was inconclusive so his only choice was to do an exploratory laproscopic to see what was going on. Our embies had to be frozen and at this point we were down to 4. He thought my ovary had become so large it was lodged in a place it shouldn't be. When I was opened up, nothing. Just extreme extreme inflammation. I had developed a pelvic abscess from the retrieval. I spent 9 days in the hospital on heavy antibiotics, and was finally released 2 days before Christmas with 3 weeks worth of oral antibiotics. Long story... that was last January. My RE and my husband and I decided I needed a while to recover. This brings me to my transfer story...

My DH left for Army basic training back in April. I moved home with my parents after he left so that I wouldn't have to be alone. In July, we decided me being with family and living next door to my (nurse) sister, it was a good time to start preparing for the transfer. I started medication and had my ET 6 days ago. I find out if the transfer worked on Thursday (day 9). We had 2 day 6 blasts transferred. Both thawed very nicely (1 grade CCC and 1 grade BBC).

I can say, this 2ww (or 9 days) is killing me. Any advice anyone can offer would be great. I have had some symptoms but don't know whether to attribute them to a positive pregnancy or to the hormones. I am on 1 1/2 mL Progesterone x 1 day and 2mg Estrace pill x 3 day. I have horrible indigestion, doesn't matter what I eat, and a little nausea off and on. And I have been experiencing some cramping, low in the ovary area. And twice a shooting type pain in my abdomen, comes and quickly goes.

Thank you for letting me share my LONG story!
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Share your own and read others' experiences in the following categories:

© 2017 DesignRx, LLC, Inc.    •    1.877.416.6600