Mini-IVF
Home | About DesignRx | Provider Resources  
DesignRx Forums
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Home     

Mini-IVF Expand / Collapse
10/27/2012 12:54 PM
Margarita9: I am in the same boat, with severe DOR, but I just started the injectibles last evening for a full ivf with microflare protocol. The cost of my injectibles itself was about $3700, because the dosage I am on is very high.
I believe in a mini-ivf they don't stimulate the ovaries as they are going to do with mine, but have use the natural cycle of the woman and minimal stimulation to retrieve very few (may be just 1 or 2) but higher quality eggs. The folks who seem to have started it have some info on their website: http://www.newhopefertility.com/in_vitro_fertilization/natural_cycle_ivf/
Cost-wise, you will be saving a lot. If the success rates are similar then I believe it will a better idea.
My doc didn't mention this at all, and I am going through conventional ivf. But it seems to me like a more cost effective option if the folks are good at doing what they do. Most ivf folks like to have large number of eggs to work with to have better success rates instead of just have 1-2.
Hope that helps. I like the idea of a mini-ivf, but I don't think the folks here are amenable to it. Goodluck and keep us posted.

7/27/2012 4:20 PM
Hi All,
This is my first time joining to a blog..
I always thought I would be easy to get pregnant once I find the right partner..so it's very frustrating..now I finally found him, but we can't get pregnant
I am 42 years old, very healthy, never been pregnant, and found out that I have a “low ovarian reserve”. My husband is 36 years, and very healthy as well, no problem with sperm count or quality.
At the beginning of this year we started going to an IVF clinic here in South Florida. We did 3 IUI cycles with no success.

After this last failed cycle, our Doctor recommended something called “Mini-IVF”, since I’m not producing enough eggs in 1 cycle to do a regular IVF.
The procedure seems to be very suitable for my case, but it’s relatively new, and this clinic doesn’t have a lot of experience with it.

Has anybody done “Mini-IVF”?
We’ve researched and found a Clinic in New York that has a larger experience with “Mini-IVF”(about 10 years), with acceptable success rates, for my age and my condition.
I don’t even know if it’s possible to do this procedure without living in NY. I understand they could do the blood work and scanning here in Florida, and then the Clinic in NY will do the main part of the procedure.
We could travel, but only for a few days, because of our jobs.
Has anybody been in a similar situation?

Hope to hear from you
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Share your own and read others' experiences in the following categories:

© 2017 DesignRx, LLC, Inc.    •    1.877.416.6600