prayers needed
Home | About DesignRx | Provider Resources  
DesignRx Forums
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

prayers needed Expand / Collapse

9/1/2013 4:52 AM
I pray for you dear. If you feel like problem in conceiving the baby then you can go for surrogacy in India also. Otherwise you can adopt the child also. It is not mandatory that you risk your life.

Take care!

8/5/2012 12:12 AM
My husband and I had been trying for a year to get pregnant after having surgery to "clean up" my insides [I have grade 4 (worst case) endometriosis]. Surgery in 2011 was second time having this done. I elected to have my tubes flushed as well even though my insurance didn't cover it since it was considered fertility. My doctor thought after the procedure we'd get pregnant right away, even taking me off pelvic rest 2 weeks early since I had no pain afterwards. No luck.
We did one round of IUI only because when we went for the initial consult I was right on time for an IUI and we figured it couldn't hurt anything. My left ovary is unaffected and I had 2 follicles so we thought for sure we'd get pregnant. No such luck. The next appointment IVF was suggested. On our first round, I didn't respond well to the stimulation drugs and we ended up with 3 embryos one of which wasn't great. However we got pregnant!! The beta was going up as expected. At our first OB appointment I recognized something looked different on the US. We had miscarried.
The next cycle they used a different combo of drugs with what we thought was a better response. We had 19 follicles but only 7 actually contained eggs, of which only 4 fertilized with ICSI. Two days after the retrieval I woke up with terrible pain. I was diagnosed with ovarian hyperstimulation & had to be hospitalized for IV fluids & anticoagulants. Which meant the transfer was on hold. We've just transferred the last 2 embryos and got another negative pregnancy test.
Now just wondering what to do. I'm interested in donor embryos to see if I can get pregnant & carry with someone else's genetics. My husband's sperm has some issues. I had a miscarriage years ago (natural pregnancy) before the endometriosis got so bad.
Any suggestions?? Thanks!

6/22/2012 10:27 AM
My prayers are with you! Having experienced an ectopic pregnancy (lost baby with heartbeat and tube) at 8 weeks and two miscarriages following that, I understand the pain and disappointment. I know how it feels to go through month after month of treatments (4 years) and have hopefulness, anticipation and almost paralyzing fear with each new cycle. What got me through was to attempt as best I could to find the positive (which there always is!) and cling to it like a life raft. IF things do not go well this round, here is what did - you managed to achieve a pregnancy!! That is a major positive in itself!! It shows that there is reason to believe it CAN happen. I kept a quote on my refrigerator door that read something to the affect "Strength is not always a matter of a singular display, but rather a demonstration of determined endurance". You are in this for the long haul and you have that strength within you. Have faith! Prayers do get answered. Sending you baby dust and lots of it!!

6/16/2012 10:31 AM
My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 3 years now. We have a beautiful 5 year old daughter and never once thought it would be so hard to get pregnant again. About 2 years ago we did get preg but it was short lived with me miscarrying at about 5 weeks.

My husband and I have tried a year of clomid and several rounds of timed IUIs. This past month we tried follistim with IUI and were so happy to find out on June 3rd that we are expecting. We have now had several blood tests done to monitor my hCG levels. The first was 32, two days later 52, five days later 232 and then yesterday at 5w5d it was only 283. It should be in the thousands now. My dr called me and told me that he would like to retest on Monday and we would go from there. He is saying it could be one of three things. 1. It could be normal for me and the baby could be perfectly healthy, 2. It could be the early stages of miscarriage, 3. It could be a tubal pregnancy.

I don't know what to think anymore. I'm trying not to think the worse but it has taking us so long to get to this point. We haven't shared our glimpse of hope with anyone. Its hard not being able to talk about it. I'm ready for some positive news for once.

Prayers please.
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Share your own and read others' experiences in the following categories:

© 2017 DesignRx, LLC, Inc.    •    1.877.416.6600