40 - First time IVF - Thoughts and Feelings
Home | About DesignRx | Provider Resources  
DesignRx Forums
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Home     

1234»»»

40 - First time IVF - Thoughts and Feelings Expand / Collapse
4/29/2016 1:35 PM
Hello I am new to IVF. I am on day 5 of Lupron and in the middle of my first period in 8 years.... wow now I remember why I got an IUD. I am scheduled for my baseline US on May 6th and due to start Follistim and Menopur on the 7th. I am really hoping the first round will be all we need. I have recently become nervous. All these people around me are popping up pregnant and while happy for them it makes me worried that it isn't going to happen for me. Being the mom of an 18 year old and a 12 year old I didn't think I would even be considering this at this point in my life but at 37 years old I know that it is now or never for us. Here is to hoping all goes as planned and I'm posting we are expecting around Memorial Day!

3/14/2016 9:03 PM
Hello, I'm new to IVF, I am on day 3 of menopur and Follistim. We had 5 failed IUIs and our prayers led us here. I'm really nervous and excited, have heard great success stories with couples doing IVF for the first time, and hoping to be able to post soon "it all worked and I'm pregnant". 😊

1/4/2016 6:18 PM
Hello-
Does anyone know about sperm dna fragmentation tests?
We have a male morphology issue, plus I am 40, plus husband has a fragmentation test that came back that should DNA fragmentation and oxidation issues. This was recommended by a clinic in NYC, but was scoffed at by another clinic in NYC.
Thanks, and any words of encouragement for IVF #3 would be appreciated.
Annika

12/11/2015 9:24 AM
HI ladies! Congrats Wannabemommy! I love hearing successful stories of women in their 40's. I'm 43 and just found out I have 2 embryos that were PGS tested and came back good! And they are both girls. I start Lupron on Monday and do our transfer in Jan!
It's all exciting and I hope to have the same outcome as you!
Good luck to all the woman on here!
Have a wonderful day!

12/10/2015 10:13 AM
Hello ladies,
It has been such a long time and I always wonder how people are doing. Wannabeamommy, you must be 30 weeks now! Yours is indeed a testimony.
I wish we all could drop by once in a while to say hello.

Kanajoy, how is your son? he is about the same age as my daughter, she just turned 10 months and is already walking.

Wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Blessed 2016.
XoXo

9/22/2015 3:05 PM
Good afternoon, ladies. It's been some time since we have all been on here updating. I have wonderful news. I am 13 weeks pregnant and having a boy. I had the Maternity T-21 test done and this weekend got my results. All seems to be well with the baby and we couldn't be happier. We had a bit of a scare early August but thankfully, baby was scared. I had some bleeding and passed a blood clot. We thought we had lost the baby but this little guy is a fighter. I'm due late March 2016
For all those newcomers, don't lose hope. It's a difficult journey but one that isn't impossible. We have all been through our ups and downs but many of us have had our babies.
Hope all is well with all you ladies...miss chatting with you all.

XOXO

9/3/2015 9:11 PM
And at what point do you consider a donor? I realize I can't really expect anyone to answer these questions. I think I just need to get them out. thanks again.

9/3/2015 9:09 PM
Hi All, searching for some optimism. I finished my first retrieval. I only had 6 mature eggs, 6 doing well at day 3 and only 1 at day 5. I'm feeling pretty crushed. That one is being sent for genetic testing, just hoping it is viable. And if it is, should I do another retrieval (we have enough for one more) or transfer that one. Should I do a medicated transfer cycle or 'natural'. So many questions. So much disappointment. I would love to hear some success stories. I need hope.
Thank you!

7/26/2015 7:53 PM
Congrats to all the newly pregnant ladies! I'm starting the process. My meds are done, and Friday I start the injections. Any advice on what to do/not to do? Side effects? Any general advice at all?

7/23/2015 4:36 PM
Thank you so much!
I am also playing with the age card...I'll be 45 in September. I think we don't ourselves enough credit. I constantly say things like I can't handle this or I'm not strong but reality is that a journey in IVF takes a lot of strength and courage. You have it and you will do well. Like you said, you already have some practice. We've been going through this for nearly 3 years and am very happy that my husband is super supportive and a great nurse. Lol. He has been the only one that has administered the injections because I can't bear the thought of piercing my skin with a needle...eeeew! Lol. This experience has brought us very close and after the first cycle we did, I actually missed the injection sessions. Weird, I know! lol Remember, all you need is one egg! It's quality over quantity. If you must do it more than once, remember that just because you had low numbers or bad egg quality, does not mean it will happen the same or worse the next time. I speak from experience. Unfortunately, I was unable to produce many at all and our RE suggested and highly recommended we consider an egg donor. So, we did....we couldn't have picked a better donor. We have a resemblance, she is smart, witty, sweet and a professional. We are very pleased!

Beta numbers are what will tell you if you are or not pregnant. Blood tests (as well as home pregnancy tests) measure your HCG. If it is above 25, you are pregnant and a couple days later that number must multiply to confirm the pregnancy or not.

Please keep us posted

7/23/2015 2:37 PM
Oh, and what do the beta numbers mean?

7/23/2015 2:36 PM
Thank you and CONGRATULATIONS wanttobeamommy!!! I'm so happy for you.
I'm very excited about this forum. Yes... patience, not my strong suit but I do have some practice.
We have been trying for 2 years, 3 IUIs, and now IVF because of my advanced maternal age (ugh!).
I am nervous about the injections, still suffering from sticker shock, and nervous they won't get enough 'good eggs'. But overall, optimistic and excited.
I am curious as to how many of you have done genetic testing on the embryos? It adds a lot of cost, but because I am older and have multiple miscarriages, I'm thinking it's probably a good idea.

7/23/2015 2:21 PM
Good morning, ladies...great news....I'm pregnant! My first beta was at 112 and second at 336. I go in for my first OB appointment/ultrasound on 08/12. We are absolutely thrilled and could not contain ourselves and shared the news with our family and closest friends.

Hi seewaverun! Welcome to this forum. It is a wonderful place to get support, advice and feedback. It has really helped me. We have all been on the same journey and have experienced the heartaches and joys of it. So, please remember that patience is a virtue you must have. I think the love we have for our babies to be is so immense that we find strength in that. I have been going through this for nearly 3 years. I have had one complete IVF cycle, one failed IVF and 4 frozen embryo transfers. One year ago, exactly, I had a positive reading but the second beta was very bad and we miscarried. I just found out, confirmed, a pregnancy yesterday afternoon.
You will see that the cycle will fly and before you know it, you will be going through the retrieval and transfer. The hardest part is, surprisingly, not the injections, rather the 2-week-wait to know if you are pregnant. Once, again, this is where patience comes in and you have to practice it.
It's easier said than done but try to go with it and not worry too much over it. You can always turn to us for support or advice.

Take care and wishing you a smooth and easy journey with a positive outcome.

7/22/2015 3:47 PM
Hi, I am just about to begin the IVF journey. Just waiting for a period (the only time in recent history I've actually wanted it to come) so we can begin. I say we, but really I feel I do most of this alone. Not because I don't have a supportive partner, but there's only so much he can do. I'm writing because I need to feel a part of a group as we start this process. I need support from women who know what it is like. And I need positivity, I love reading through and seeing the success stories! If I should post somewhere else, please let me know. I'm a little worried this isn't going to end up where it should, as I've never done this before.

7/21/2015 1:19 PM
Good morning, ladies. I'm happy to say that I tested positive and am PREGNANT!!!! I have to go in tomorrow for the second test. My HCG was 112 and Progesterone a low 11 but I began injections yesterday. Please say a prayer for tomorrow that my numbers continue to rise.
We are ecstatic!

5/12/2015 4:06 PM
Hi KanaJoy....congratulations! I'm so happy for you and glad that you are both doing well now. I'm sure it was bittersweet moments you went through. So beautiful to hold Jonathon after so many long days/nights waiting. Many hugs and blessings to you! I hope that by next year, I, too, will be celebrating Mother's Day

All is the same on my end. Taking supplements that a naturopathic doctor has been recommending. I hope that they work and I could naturally get pregnant. Hasn't happened yet and we have been doing this for about 4 months now. We still have 7 frozen embryos and if we aren't pregnant by June, we will begin a new FET cycle...try #6.

All my best to you and your family! Hope to continue to hear updates from you.

XOXOX

5/12/2015 2:25 PM
Greetings friends,
Sorry it's been so long since I've left word! Life has been extremely eventful. I had a baby boy. His name is Jonathan (meaning Gift from God-also my late brother's name). He was born 3 months premature on February 8, 2015 and weighed in at 1 lb, 15oz. I had been hospitalized with severe preeclampsia and it progressed into HELLP syndrome. They had to do an emergency c-section. Jonathan has just been discharged from the NICU. It has been a long, tough road, but with much love, support and prayer...we are surviving and thriving. I miss you all! Drop a line and give me updates when you get a chance! XOXO

2/19/2015 8:45 PM
Cann13, I was overjoyed to hear from you! I started a reply yesterday and got overwhelmed at work and didn't finish. Anyhow, I have to agree with khayes about how lovely you've described the place that you are in. I'm also thrilled to hear you will make another attempt to get pregnant next year. You deserve to be parents again. Chase will be your little guardian angel guiding your way. Thank you for your kind words. I shared with my husband and he was very moved. We are taking a little detour to the IVF journey and seeing a naturopathic doctor who found out I have a little bit of a thyroid imbalance. This they say has a huge impact on fertility and pregnancy. I'm thinking in about 3 months or so we will do another FET.
Please keep in touch...love hearing from you!

2/19/2015 8:01 PM
OMG! Cann13 I'm sooooo happy to hear from you! Chase is your angel in so many ways! There are some loves that are transformative & last beyond all things. I loved what you said about it not getting easier, rather you are getting stronger. What a beautifully eloquent & honest truth regarding the experience of loss. Wow....you are remarkable and I'm so blessed to be a part of your journey. All my love & prayers! Keep in touch! Xoxo

2/18/2015 12:29 PM
Hello my BEAUTIFIL Ladies!!
Been so long I have not checked in,so I decided to just see how everyone is doing today and am ELATED on all the good news and vibes in here. I was brought to tears to see you ladies still asking for me and praying for me. I think about you ALL, all the time I just needed some time. I tried to read everything and catch up. I am so happy for you and your rainbows.
Kanajoy-How are you?! Thank you for asking about me. You don't know how good it made me feel that you and the girls still ask for me. How is the belly?? Getting everything ready?
wannabeamommy- Hello my dear friend. I often think of you the most. I know you have been threw SO much and yet here you are. I always told you, you are the strongest woman. You inspire me. You just never give up. How are you doing?
2015Mom- If I read correctly you should have your bundle of sweetness in your arms already. Congrats!! How does it feel? I bet even better than you have ever imagined. God Bless you and your new addition.
khayes-I just read the WONDERFUL news. I am beyond happy for you and your husband. I read what you said about me and it really touched me. If my story can touch and inspire just 1 person it was all worth it. You touched my soul with what you said about me. I called my husband crying telling him how you and the girls haven't just forgot about me. Thank you s much! Yes. Miracles do happen. Enjoy EVERY moment you have. God Bless.
As for myself. I am surprisingly doing good. Don't get me wrong, I have my moments as appose to my DAYS now. I think of Chase everyday. My husband and I have grown so much more closer and we enjoy every moment we have together. Chase has taught us SO much. People always say "life is short", but until it happens to you, you really don't understand just how short it is. My due date was December 8,2014 and we took off work and made a day of it. Together. We went to the funeral home where they had a Christmas tree where you can hang an angel in honor of your loved one. Made us feel good. We just shared stories and talked to Chase and our family about him all day. The holidays were harder than we thought. It was like reliving everything. We have AMAZING friends and family that are always supporting us and showing us and Chase love.
We just got back from Dubai and it was amazing. My in-laws gave me a little locket urn to put Chase in to keep close to my heart so we took him to Dubai to enjoy it with us. He sends us a lot of signs that he is around. Its incredible actually. He seems to have a great sense of humor. The crescent moon usually lets me know hes around, along with other little signs.
I remember saying that I don't know how people say "it will get easier". Well I have learned it doesn't get easier you only get stronger. I have learned so much about myself, and just how strong I am. Just appreciate the little things, as little as they may be. I was blessed to actually experience a pregnancy, which I never thought I would be able to. I was able to feel Chase kick, hear his heart, give birth, feel like a mother. Because I am a mother now. My baby just has wings and HE watches over ME now.
My husband and I just said the other night it feels good to kind of get back to our happy selves and be able to talk about Chase without crying. We are in a good place and have spoken about maybe next year trying again. If the time is right it will happen as its supposed to as it did with Chase.
I love you all very much and you are always in my prayers and in my heart. Thank you all sooo much for all the love. We are a family. We just never met and that is amazing

1/27/2015 7:55 PM
Hello Ladies!

Thanks 2014mom! I hope you didn't have to fight a snowstorm last night! Can't wait to hear on your new arrival & pray everything goes well with your delivery!

I just wanted to update everyone that we saw our bean with a healthy heart beat!!! All my measurements & blood numbers look great. Everyone at my IVF clinic has seen me go through so much. The pregnancy nurse said usually they don't make a big deal about these things but she couldn't contain herself as things look so perfect! They make me feel like a rock star with all their well wishes. Literally people from billing & medical records were coming out to hug me. I feel like I can begin to breathe a little & enjoy this miracle. God's plan is so much greater than the one we have for ourselves. Thanks for all your prayers & you all continue to be in mine!
XOXO

1/26/2015 8:24 AM
Khayes!! I am extremely delighted to read this post from you! Whan a beaitiful way to start the week. Thank you God!! I am very happy for you, your husband and you son. I hope your story will inspire those who will read this. I pray that you continue getting good results and that you have a healthy pregnancy. Very glad for you.

There is a huge snow storm coming and I will not be suprised if this baby decides to come righ in the middle of it all.

XoXo

1/23/2015 2:19 PM
Hello Friends!

I'm happy to see all your posts & know you're all alright! 2014mom I'm so excited for you. So happy you'll be holding your little one soon! Kanajoy, so happy to hear this pregnancy is progressing smoothly. It is a blessing & I couldn't be happier for you. Wannabeamommy, don't give up! Whether it's through IVF or adoption you will be a mommy to a very special child. I remember my therapist that specializes in infertility told me that the reason it hurts so much now is because we are already mothers in our hearts, & therefore we ache each day our children are not here with us. Keep your chin up honey, it happens sometimes when you least expect it, & it will be a miracle no matter what!

I'm doing great! A miracle has happened & I'm finally pregnant after two ectopics & 4 surgeries to clean up the damage. We started a cycle right after my 38th bday in early December. It started off very shaky. It looked like my right ovary was taking over & I had two lead follicles after 4-5 days of stims. The nurse called me and said we were looking at 2 eggs at best as the others would never catch up.
I asked to speak to the dr. As I wasn't going to put my hubby through a sperm aspiration for such a low yield. 3 eggs were my minimum. The dr. Was more optimistic and said she thought at least 3 or 4 as it was early. My lining finally got to an 8 so I pushed forward taking it day by day. At one point we considered doing an insemination with donor sperm instead, as we had it as backup due to my hubby's issues. (miraculously the right ovary is also the side I still have my tube) However I told my husband at one point I really wanted to try at least one more time with him. So we triggered on day 12 & they got a good aspirated sample from my husband. My left ovary last minute decided to kick on & they got 6 eggs. One was immature though, one died, & 3 out of 4 fertilized normally. Well we had 2 fair & 1 good quality 3 day embryos put back in on day 3. I remember 3 days after transfer feeling dizzy & nauseous. The nausea hasn't stopped since but for a day here & there. 14 days post ovulation my numbers were 297, then 961 two days later. At 5 weeks I was up to 13,700!! Due to my past history of ectopics & high numbers they did an ultrasound that day & saw one beautiful sac in the uterus!!!! Yeah!!! It's early so the ultrasound tech said another sac could pop up. My identical twin sister however had very high numbers in her natural pregnancy with her baby girl, so maybe that's just how we carry. My levels were 49,600 at my 6 week bloods & I get my 7 week ultrasound on Tuesday where we prayerfully hope to see a healthy bean and heartbeat. So the point of me sharing this is that don't lose hope. I remember starting to read these blogs when I was feeling pretty hopeless & jaded about IVF & my body. In addition to renewing my relationship with God & the adoption of my son, it was these boards that helped give me the strength to continue. Cann13 is a huge part of my renewed faith! It was her story that initially got me to snap out of it & be positive! Unfortunately I know things did not go the way we prayed, but that doesn't change how she inspired me to not lose hope. So Cann 13 if you read this, know I love you & anything is possible. Don't give up ladies no matter how the miracle of parenthood comes to you! I have a long road to go so please keep me in your prayers. I promise you are all in mine!

1/22/2015 12:07 PM
Good morning, 2014MOM..I suppose you could now change that to 2015Mom, Lol! You are due at any moment, aren't you!!! That's awesome...I'm so happy for all you ladies. I hope I will be walking in your shoes soon. I am also getting anxious but also very frustrated with this whole process. I don't know how much longer I could go on with this cycle. I am physically and emotionally drained. I could see where some women give up. I have done 5 attempts at this and we have 7 frozen embryos to go. If those do not result in a pregnancy, we might consider other options...adoption. One way or another, my husband reassures me that we will be parents. I love him so much for always being so supportive.
I would love updates on all my friends....if you are all still connected, please update us and let us know you are well. I am thinking of all of you and want nothing but the best.
Hugs to all....oh, and a happy new year to you all as well!

XOXO

1/22/2015 11:33 AM
Hello ladies, it has been a long time..KanaJoy nice to hear from you and that you are fairing on well. Wannabeamommy how are ya? Nice to hear from you as well. You ladies are always in my mind. The journey is an emotional one and one which not many understand. Praying for you that all treatments work out and in the end you will say it was all worth it.
I bet pepsgirl07 has already had her babies by now...wish we could hear from her. Cann13, you are always in my mind dear.

On my end, I am now counting days (6 more days to EDD) to our girl's arrival. By God's grace next post will be to inform you she is here.

All in my thought and prayers...Hugs and kisses

1/17/2015 8:16 PM
Hi KanaJoy! I'm doing well and sounds like you are even better. I'm so happy to hear from you. I've been a little disconnected from all this because I have been so drained, emotionally and physically.
Not sure if you remember but we had one positive pregnancy but we lost it. We made another attempt but, unfortunately it was was negative. This has been the 5th time we try and I'm so exhausted. Emotionally and physically, I'm so tired! We are taking a break and in the meantime am seeing a naturopathic doctor and taking a couple supplements. I'm having more blood work done in Monday and then she will develop a new treatment plan for me. I'm also doing acupuncture and I had cupping done last Friday. I looked like a ladybug. Lol. Plus, zumba to lose weight. I am in hopes that all this will prepare my body for another FET.
Emotionally, I'm having a rough time. As it happens to lost of us, everyone around us is pregnant. Another couple that got married the same year my husband and I did, are expecting. I am gaooy for them but sad for us.
Well, ladies I hope everyone is well and looking ahead with a smile.
Xoxox

1/17/2015 6:08 PM
Wanttobeamommy ~ I'm so sorry. How are you doing? Any further plans? Please know I'm thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers. (((Hugs)))

1/17/2015 12:06 PM
Cann13 ~ I just want you to know that you are in my heart and prayers. I think of you often and wonder how you are...then prayer you feel God's comfort & peace. Wherever your journey takes you...it is your journey. Be kind and gentle with yourself. (((Hugs)))

1/17/2015 11:50 AM
Lulu74 ~ So sorry this has not worked out for you! Infertility is a difficult journey, and unfortunately success is possibly, but not likely with 1 shot. I'm sorry you're going through this.

Updates ~ I'm so sorry it's taken me this long to keep in touch ladies! I think of all of you all of he time. I've been writing in a blog called "Coalescedreverie," but somehow have found myself in a place where it's hard to write. I've met through here and there so many amazing people struggling in their journeys to parenthood and I still feel the pain so intimately, it's hard to write about my pregnancy...though I am extremely over the moon about it. So my apologies for being so quiet. I'm 24+ weeks now. We've decided not to find out the sex of the baby and are really looking forward to the surprise. Hugs to all and know you are in my thoughts and prayers!

12/14/2014 7:09 PM
I am 40 years old, almost 41 and just finished my first round of IVF. The doctor was able to only take 8 eggs out, but only two were fertilized. Only one made it, and we sent it out for genetic testing. We got the bad news yesterday that it was not normal. I am completely new at this, and devastated. I was able to get pregnant at a blink of an eye when I was 28 with my beautiful son. 12 years later somehow my tubes have some blockage and need assistance with getting pregnant. My husband and I don't have the kind of money to keep trying, this was our one chance we put all our savings into this. I am completely devastated.

11/21/2014 2:48 PM
Hi Friends!
Sorry I've been out of the loop so long.
2014mom....thx so much for asking about me. It looks like my procedure in July turned out well afterall. Once they added vaginal estrogen suppositories my lining bumped up to a 7.6! Of course it's not as good as the old days before my cornual pregnancy, but good enough to try IVF again. There aren't guarantees & things could change next cycle, but it looks like we are going to try in December. The sonohystegram done on Halloween looked clean of scar tissue except the very upper left corner where my cornual pregnancy & salpingnectomy was. We are deciding if we want to do a sperm donor or another sperm aspiration. I really still want to try with my hubby but aspirated sperm are less mature & perhaps our odds are a little better with respect to quality with a donor. I know I don't want to do this much longer so I'm entertaining the idea. We've gotten good quality embryos in the past but never tested them. I'm 37 & don't produce a lot of eggs so we can't waste a lot of time either. He has 2 kids from his previous marriage so he is very supportive either way. I just keep thinking we got pregnant twice before even though they were ectopic, so I'm not sure I want to give up on us yet. I wish any part of this was easy or even a little more obvious in the choices we should make. The 'what ifs' are what kill me! Anyway, 2014mom I'm so happy to see you are progressing so well & will be holding your baby very soon!!!
NWELLS & wantobeamommy- So sorry this was not your time yet. I know too well what you both are feeling. You are in my prayers & please keep knowing you are still 1 day closer to holding your baby.
Much love to everyone else out there! Cann & Kanajoy, you are both in my thoughts & hope to hear from you again!

11/21/2014 11:39 AM
Hello,
Figured I would check in with everyone, it has been a very long time. I don't have great news, we did our last cycle. We started the stims in October, but due to my progesterone #'s rising before trigger my embryos were frozen. We ended up with two, multiple celled, one 6 one 8. I did a natural FET so they track my surge by doing blood work starting on day 10, once you surge they put the embryos back three to six day later, mine was day three. Once again, something happened, I had HCG in my system but the numbers were low, this time so low that it was hard for them to tell me no but they couldn't tell me yes, all I got was continue the meds and hopefully it was a late attachment. My second blood work the numbers dropped, and trust me they didn't have far to go. SO with that being said, I am ok, I think I have just come to terms with the fact it is just not going to happen. My RE wanted to meet with me, so I go on Dec 16th to see him and see what he has to say. This was only my second cycle with him so I don't know what plans he has. I say this was my last, but if he presents something new, I may bite LOL!!!! For now Michael and I have planned our ski trips for the winter, we are meeting with DCF Dec 3rd, and beginning the process to adopt.

I wish everyone the best of luck, looks like many of you are on your way to being parents. The journey for some is longer then others, but be strong, have faith and never give up!! Some how some way the blessing of becoming parents will find you...

11/20/2014 3:01 PM
2014Mom, thank you for your kind words! It is everything that you mention and some. It's hard to explain but I don't know what to feel. I feel numb yet upset, sad, in disbelief. My husband's words are what comfort me so much. We have 7 embryos left. We will try those all and if, god-forbid, those do not work, then we will consider adoption. Regardless of how, he says, we are going to be parents.
XOXOXOXO, I also wish all my IVF sisters were here.

11/20/2014 2:28 PM
Oooh dear, I am extemely sorry to hear this! It must be frustrating! tiring! emotionally draining! and financially draining! I am really sorry dear. I was so sure it was going to work out this time round. I really do not know what to say dear. If I were there, I would just be holding your hand and hugging you coz I lack words. Just know that I love you and thinking of you.

11/20/2014 11:13 AM
Good morning. Unfortunately, we had negative test results. We had confirmation yesterday with the second blood test. I just don't get it and don't know what to feel. I was so sure that with this new medication regimen it would happen. I just canceled our follow up that was scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. We don't have the stomach to walk into that office and see all the staff...what do you say? what do you do? It's not easy.

11/20/2014 10:17 AM
Wannabeamommy, been waiting to hear from you. Thinking of you dear and hope to hear from you soon.

11/17/2014 1:41 PM
Hi 2014Mom...I just got back from getting blood drawn and am anxious to hear a positive call. I told my husband that a pregnancy would be the most wonderful thing to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.
Thank you for the well wishes!

XOXOX

11/17/2014 11:33 AM
Hey wanttobeamommy, just seing your response today...crossing my fingers and prayingfor you. Prayerfully your Thanksgiving will be enjoyable. XoXo

11/17/2014 12:02 AM
Hi ladies. Just wanted to touch base and ask for baby dust and prayers. I had my FET of 3 embryos on the 7th. Tomorrow is my first pregnancy test. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Xoxo

11/6/2014 11:12 AM
2014Mom, how funny that you come on here this morning. I was in the shower this morning and thought I would update today. My husband was also telling me, earlier in the week, that it had been a while and I should log on. It's so good to hear from you and know that you are already at your third trimester....time flies. I'm so excited for you and wish you well for the remainder of the pregnancy.
So, I haev started the FET process once again. In fact, I go in tomorrow morning, 11 am, for the transfer. My RE changed up my medication regimen, adding more Progesterone and Delestrogen injections. My butt is sore but I will welcome it for the next 9 months so long as I have my baby.
All my ultrasounds have been excellent, with the uterine lining increasing. Last visit was at 12/13 and my Estrogen levels above 3000. By now, I'm sure they are all higher. I'm really excited but, honestly, I have a huge presentation this morning that has kept me preoccupied and I'm not obsessing over the FET. The presentation is a bit stressful so I am glad that the FET is happening after I'm done with it. I'm not big on public speaking but as Assistant Supervisor, I guess it comes with the territory >
Ladies, please update! Cann13, how are you doing? Any considerations to try once again?
XOXOX ladies and hope to hear from you soon! Have a great weekend!

10/7/2014 7:05 PM
Cann13- It is so nice to hear from you! The thing that struck me the most about your post is the feeling that time is not making it easier. I want to validate that you have been through extremely traumatic losses. Not only the loss of your son, but also the uncertain future about carrying a future child. In our complex fertility cases it is not simply as easy as 'try again', even with IVF. The kind of losses you are facing do not come with a timeframe for recovery. I have found time has eased my burden, but even 2 1/2 years later certain events or experiences bring up the pain like it was yesterday. The good news is that I cycle through the grief much faster. I'm still struggling to heal my uterus after the last ectopic pregnancy. The last lining check since my July surgery was poor, but my estrogen was also low. I go back Friday after taking vaginal estrogen to see if my lining is improved. However I am facing the fact too, that I might not be able to carry anymore. It all seems so unfair when we want it so much. However I'm reminded that we should pray not for what we want but for what God wants for us. I know he wants us to be happy & feel loved. I have adopted a beautiful son & that may be the plan God has for us again. I know first hand it is a beautiful one, but I also feel like I have to try again so that I can look back with no regrets. Either way sweetie, be very gentle with yourself. I wouldn't expect too much when you still have to experience painful reminders of your loss! When I got bad news a couple weeks ago it was like post traumatic stress disorder kicked on & I felt all the pain & trauma of my corneal pregnancy again. I'm glad you can talk to us as we have a special understanding with what you are going through. However don't hesitate to talk to a therapist that specializes in loss or fertility issues to help give you some tools to navigate these uncertain waters. I did that for myself & it helped a lot. I am praying for you & your husband. You are stronger than you know & I have complete faith there is a beautiful plan for you & your family.

10/7/2014 2:44 PM
wannabeamommy- Thank you!

10/7/2014 1:23 PM
Cann13, it is soooo good to hear from you. You can't imagine how much I think about you and your husband and wish all would be well with you. You need to allow yourself to grieve your loss. Nobody said it was going to be easy and everyone mourns differently and for different time frames. I still hurt for my loss but I did not go through the experience that you went through and can't imagine how I would handle it. I lost my sister many years ago and, yes, time does help but it doesn't mean that you forget nor that you won't have your moments as if it was just yesterday you lost your loved one. Don't feel bad and let it all out. Have a little bit of faith that you might be able to carry another baby to term, just give yourself that time to be emotionally and physically strong and ready. Medicine is so advanced that there is always a possibility but, I completely understand your reservations.
My dear friend, I hope you soon find your peace and comfort and can look forward to a new day. Sending you lots of hugs your way.

10/7/2014 1:00 PM
Hello Ladies. Long time I haven't been on here. Just wanted to stop by and say hi.
Wannabeamommy-Happy belated birthday! Hope you had fun with Mickey. I am so happy to hear that you can do FET after this month! Good luck!

2014mom- I hope all is well. Sounds a little scary but you seem to be doing well. Nothing big to worry about so far. Its a crazy ride. Always worrying and praying for your baby. You won't be at ease until you hold your baby. you are almost there.

Kanajoy- I haven't heard from you hun. How is everything??

As for myself and trying again right now it is up in the air. Not only do we need to make sure $ is right its also alot more complicated than IVF. On top of me needing IVF, my cervix is not strong enough to hold the weight of the baby. Thats why I lost Chase. There are procedures that I can have, but as I had to mentally prepare myself for IFV I will also have to mentally prepare myself for this whole other world. I am not prepared to lose another child if the procedure does not work. Sunday would have been the baby shower and it was a very hard rough emotional day for us. I think about him every day and cry at least once a day. I dont know who says it will be easier as time passes because I dont see that happening at all. Its getting worse. I dont know what I am going to do with myself when the due date comes along. I have my moments but I try to keep a smile on my face and my head up , but when I am alone its a different story. I will never understand why this all happened. It is scary to even try again, but I know we have to at least one time.

I hope you all have a great day. Good luck to everyone!! XOXO

10/7/2014 11:00 AM
Good morning, ladies. It's been a while since I've seen updates so I thought I would check in with you all. Hope you are all doing well.l I'm doing well. I spoke with my RE yesterday and results from my HSG came back ok. So, no problems with my uterus. This is a relief! We should be able to do another FET after my October cycle. In the meantime, trying to continue being patient.
Update me girls...miss you all.

10/1/2014 5:41 PM
Hello everyone I'm 26, had 2 ectopics after having both my tubes tooken out , I'm undergoing my first cycle of ivf I'm on my last day of bcp & starting stims soon, any tips for success anyone got that is helpful besides not stressing

10/1/2014 2:42 PM
Good Afternoon,
I have been very busy so I haven't spent much time on the forum. It looks like everyone is doing well. My Retrieval was on Saturday. My stims went well. AND as expected my Progesterone was 1.6 the day of trigger. My RE say that if your Progesterone spikes before trigger the chances of a successful pregnancy are decreased. SO we will be freezing all our embryos. Now I had 19 eggs, 17 mature, I don't have a problem making them that is for sure, but only 4 fertilized. SO those 4 are growing under a high powered microscope, being monitored and evaluated constantly. Tomorrow will be day 5 so I hope they make it to be frozen. Once I get my period, I call and instead of doing a normal FET with hormones, I am doing a natural FET. Just me and my body and my own hormones. I am kind of excited about this. They say the ovulation sticks are unreliable so I go for my base line on the third day of my period, then on day 8 I go for ultra sound and blood work, and then every day there after just blood work until I have my LH surge. Then they will put our embryos back 6 days later, GOD willing we have some and they survive the thaw. So that is where I am. Great mindset this time, not stressing, even with the 4 embryos I am ok. So I will keep everyone posted as to what happens.

All you pregnant moms take it easy, and relax you have made it this far, it will work out!!!!

9/24/2014 10:14 AM
Thank you so much for the birthday greetings, 2014mom. I'm excited because I'm going to Disneyland to celebrate with Mickey. Lol
Glad to hear that the baby bump is growing and you're gainihg the weight. That's always a good sign. Keep in mind that the doctors will belong toting the size of the fibroids and will take good care of both of you. We have to never lose faith.
All the best to you. Keep us posted. Hugs headed your way.

9/24/2014 9:14 AM
Happiest Birthday to you wannbeamommy. Wish you a very wonderful day and hope for more good news.
Yes, I am getting bigger and more visible now. I have so far added 10Lbs. Level 2 US went well. Fibroids are still a concern as they may steal nutrients from the baby causing baby not to grow...I am really in prayers about this. I never had fibroid issues before pregnancy...now I have five. Three of which are the sizes of King Kong. They are all on the outside of the uterus.

Pregnancy is such a journey....extremely nerve wrecking, constant fears of what ifs and the mind plays tricks. I will be very glad when all is done. I really cannot wait for January which seems like ages away.
I constantly keep praying, taking it one day at a time, asking God to protect the baby, help the baby grow, healthy baby. Boy will I be thankful when January gets here and I get to hold my baby healthy and strong in my arms.

One day at a time. One day at a time. Slowly but surely what we so wait for in tears, and in fears shall surely come and pass.
Praying for you all and thinking of you all.
Lots of love.

9/23/2014 1:38 PM
Good morning, ladies...miss you all! Hope everyone is doing well. I'm well. I am happy to say that all my efforts switching medical groups has paid off. I was able to get my insurance to cover the cost of the HSG and am scheduled to get it on Thursday. Tomorrow, 24th is my 44th birthday and I am hoping for good birtday news. I am long overdue for some good news. God willing everything is clear and we can proceed with an FET in the very enar future.
NWells, how are the injections going? Today is your 10th day of stims, right? When are you doing the retrieval?
KanaJoy, how are baby and you progressing?
Cann13, miss you, sweetie! How are you doing? Any thoughts on trying again?
2014mom, have you "popped" some more? How exciting to see the belly grow.
pepsgirl07, how are you and the twins doing? 25 weeks now?

Have a great day ladies!
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Share your own and read others' experiences in the following categories:

1234»»»

© 2017 DesignRx, LLC, Inc.    •    1.877.416.6600