IVF Meds side effects
Home | About DesignRx | Provider Resources  
DesignRx Forums
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Home     

IVF Meds side effects Expand / Collapse
2/28/2011 9:21 AM
hi knittrips,
Thank you so much for your response!! It definitely helps to know that we are not alone in this.

And yes, I share some of the side effects that you mention, although my meds are different: Menopur, Ganirelix, Follistin etc....oh well, they say that at the end is worth it

1/27/2011 8:45 PM
Hi,

I have been through seven IUI treatments (six with Femara and one with Follistim shots). I am now trying my first IVF cycle. In my clinic we have to take an IVF class before IVF treatment. Despite having done shots before, I was completely overwhelmed when I found out the amount and types of medication that would be necessary for IVF.

This is my second week on low dose birth control (Desogen). I am also taking 1 baby aspirin daily. This week I am taking Doxycycline and Flagyl antibiotics. My husband is also taking antibiotics this week. On Saturday I start Lupron shots.

As far as side effects go, right now I am experiencing headaches, stomach aches, dizziness, and sore breasts. Generally I feel pretty crabby too. I am seeing an acupuncturist and that takes some of the edge off.

When I went through my IUI cycle with injections I experienced sore breasts and headaches, bruising, and I was tender and bloated in my abdomen.

I don't know if that helps or not, but you are definitely not alone!!!

-Emily

1/24/2011 4:13 PM
Hi,
I'm new to this site and happy to have found you all. After several IUIs we are moving to IVF.
I picked up the bag with all the meds and to tell you the truth the possible side effects concerns me (I was in tears when I saw it). Regardless of my tears, I am determined to go through the IVF because I really want to have little ones.

So, have you experienced any side effects during the IVF treatment? Which ones? I just would like to be aware of them.

Thank you so much and good luck to all of you!

« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Share your own and read others' experiences in the following categories:

© 2017 DesignRx, LLC, Inc.    •    1.877.416.6600