Any 42 and over successful with IVF
Home | About DesignRx | Provider Resources  
DesignRx Forums
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Home     

Any 42 and over successful with IVF Expand / Collapse
4/29/2011 3:11 PM
Hi Ladies,
I'm new here to this website but find it so helpful! We are currently TTC #2. We had our son when I was barely 41 (got preggers at 40). We've been TTC for a year now...four IUIs and one cancelled IVF cycle last month (poor responder). I was on the micro-flare protocol, which I've read and been told is for poor responders, but there also seems to be a lot of controversy around it, as well (as in it doesn't work well for AMA women). I am newly 43, and we are going to try again next month. I'm curious as to those who've had a positive IVF outcome and are AMA, what protocol gave you success?

Thanks!

4/13/2011 10:09 PM
Hello there!
Good luck Sparkie with your cycle I am wandering where u r going for treatment because I thought most clinics don't take patience after 43 -44. Waiting to hear your response.

4/1/2011 3:48 PM
Hi,

I'm 45 and I'm getting ready to try IVF again. Last year, I went through 2 IVFs in order to have my baby girl.
My first one was natural when I was 39 and I had the second one when I was 44.

All doctors told me that it's impossible but if I want to try, it's my choice and my money.

The first IVF failed. The second one was a success and I found that if I'm relaxed and don't think about it too much, it helped. We started out with triplet but by the 7th week, it ended up with a singlet -

Now, we're working on our last try and hopefully, it will take. Although all the numbers look normal except for FSH, we're hopeful but also realistic about the outcome. I'm very nervous about going through the whole process again in addition to taking care of the 2 kids.

xoxoxo

Sparkie

1/22/2011 10:46 AM
Dear over 42,

I am 44. did 3 ivf's, 2 iuis. hormone levels considered ideal, egg production very good.
however, embryos disolved and remaining 1-2 for transfer not dividing as expected.
In short, i am told that these are indicators of poor egg quality-associated with age.
i cannot begin to express our heartache-
i am trying to find a place of peace-not sure if that means acceptance or continued hope.
I was told that DHA improves egg quality-so, i take that along with a number of other vitamins, and accupuncture.
IF there are any suggestions or hope-filled stories-PLEASE post.
Prayers to all.

1/21/2011 9:49 PM

IVF - buddies is the other fourm that you can post at from general discussion. good luck all

1/21/2011 2:25 PM
I just went through IVF - was able to get pregnant but had D&C at 10 weeks due to no hearbeat. Fetus was slow to grow and slow heartbeat that finally stopped. I am crushed. No embies were good enough to freeze, either, and this was out of pocket. I am 41. I have one LC that I had at 38. I have had numerous failed IUI. I was told I was not a PGD candidate because I don't have a specific genetic disease to test for, and trisomies are not reliably tested this way (??) so that was a bummer as this latest demise was likely a trisomy. I have read they can now test the polar bodies for genetics and not have to extract a cell for the fetus itself.

I am just 1 week out so not sure if I am giving up or what.

1/21/2011 9:52 AM
Thank you Addis. What other forum; "General Discusson?" Lots of luck to you.

1/21/2011 9:10 AM
Hi Tati,

On the other forum there is a lot of ladies with similar experiences and one over 42 and got pregrent with her own eggs. I for one had a positive test with my own but it ended in miscarriage at 8 weeks. Presently went thru a cycle and on my 2ww period to hear the results. Hope is always there! try to check the other form and it has more ppl logging into.

Best!

1/20/2011 4:37 PM
I'm wondering if anyone has gone through IVF and been successful using their own eggs. I just went through the process and after the ER received a call advising that they could not transfer because the egg was bad. I had an aggressive stimulation which resulted in only three follicles of which two were empty. I only had one egg and that egg was bad. I'm feeling very discouraged at this point. Anyone have a similar experience?
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Share your own and read others' experiences in the following categories:

© 2017 DesignRx, LLC, Inc.    •    1.877.416.6600