Meditation helps with stress
Home | About DesignRx | Provider Resources  
DesignRx Forums
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Meditation helps with stress Expand / Collapse

1/24/2011 9:36 PM
Ladies, thank you for the advice and words of wisdom. I tried to conceive naturally for the past six + years and have now gone through two cycles of clomid, and now on follistim. I am a stress monger and know this is something I must "fix". I started working out more than usual, began acupuncture (agreed, can get expensive), and try to meditate but havent made it a habit. After reading your blog, I am encouraged to make a stronger effort. Good luck to you all - sincerely.

1/22/2011 12:56 PM

i agree that we don't have control over our suitation.I believe the medication has the affet of adding our stress. I hope your results were positive as I wish for this time around as well as I am during my 2ww for the beta test.

9/10/2010 11:42 AM
I could not agree more with your perspective! I am 28 years old, I have a condition called PSOS. I tried getting pregnant on my own unsuccessfully, tried two cycles of chlomid, and recently had an IVF cycle. I did the same as you, I barely asked questions, I didnt want to be more overwhelmed. I had really excellent results during the whole cycle, my eggs were perfect, and I was lucky that I had about 12 retrieved, 8 lasted through day 5. My Dr decided to have 2 eggs transferred, the embryologist could not have been happier with the quality of my eggs, they were all grade4AA. I received the happy news that I was pregnant but my HCG hormone was low, and 2 days later I went in for another blood check and was going to have a very early miscarriage. The Dr called this an unviable pregnancy. To say the least I was extremely dissapointed. This was about 4 weeks ago, I've started meditating, I've stopped accupuncture because the cost is high, and will try an IVF cycle again. I 100% trust my Dr and do my best to keep myself informed but sane! I wish you luck and I hope your cycle is successful!

9/8/2010 6:22 PM
Hi- I am just through my first cycle of IVF/ICSI. Our journey started back in April and we had one cycle that was aborted and I just had an embryo transfer a few days ago. I started meditating and learning a bit about buddhist philosophy a few years ago, and when I started this process, I increased my daily meditation to 15-30minutes/day during the cycle and am currently still doing it.
As an OB/GYN- I knew how stressful the process could be, and when we started the process, I was totally stressed out. But it took us a long time to get off the launching pad, and then I started increasing my meditation, relaxed a bit more, and stopped trying to control a situation in which you have very little control over(except eating well and in general being healthy). One other thing I found very important - which may seem counter-intuitive- was to ask less questions than more. I tried never to ask questions I didn't want to know the answers to, like percentage success rates etc..... I just put my trust in the doctor. And even though I am an OB/GYN, I know very little about infertility as I practiced community medicine and international medicine before all this.
Another bit of advice- at my ultrasound appointments, I did not count my follicles and did not follow their growth either.
Now the transfer has happened, I am surprised how calm and happy I am, and I actually thought the whole process was amazing. It truly is a miracle to have these embryos inside even if they don't "stick". I feel privileged that I even had the opportunity to be able to give it a try.
Maybe my point of view will change if I have to do this over and over again, but for now, it's working.
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Share your own and read others' experiences in the following categories:

© 2017 DesignRx, LLC, Inc.    •    1.877.416.6600