Second ivf attempt
Home | About DesignRx | Provider Resources  
DesignRx Forums
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Home     

Second ivf attempt Expand / Collapse
4/10/2009 6:27 PM
Hi everyone! This is my first post. May 22, I am starting my 2nd attempt at ivf. It has been almost 3 years since my 1st. In July of '06 I did follistim for 8 days and then had my cycle cancelled because my estradiol was over 7000. I was of course devastated. The raging hormones didn't help. In september I started again and we transferred 2 embryos. I had 19 eggs retrieved. 14 healthy- we ended up with 12 embryos. We did a day 3 transfer. 2 weeks later(my birthday- go figure!) I started my cycle the day before my blood test. I can't even put into words how I felt that day. I didn't have a plan b because I just knew it would work...
Well, here we are 3 years and many anti-depressants later- my heart is finally ready to try again. I have a new dr. My old dr. retired. New dr discovered I have pcos. Why the other one didn't know this I'll never know. That makes me a cheap date with the follistim! Oh- our embryos ended up not healthy enough to freeze, which is possibly why it didn't work. This time he is adding menopur to the follistim and cutting my dose almost in half so I will stim a little longer. Trying to get those eggs healthy! I am so excited to get started again!! Has anyone had success with menopur?
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Share your own and read others' experiences in the following categories:

© 2017 DesignRx, LLC, Inc.    •    1.877.416.6600