Getting ready to start IVF
Home | About DesignRx | Provider Resources  
DesignRx Forums
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Home     

Getting ready to start IVF Expand / Collapse
2/28/2012 5:59 PM
Hi Ladies~ just wondering how your cycles have been going. Just when I think I can't take the abdominal injections much more, it's time for the next phase in the IVF cycle. We had our egg retrieval last Wednesday (2/22) and they got 14 eggs, 11 mature. We were pretty happy with that, but pretty bummed the next day when we found out only 3 fertilized. We were worried we might not have embryos left to do transfer on day 5. Those 3 turned out to be little fighters though, and we were able to transfer the 2 good ones yesterday (2/27). Now I'm on bed rest through Thursday. And of course getting the progesterone injections by my husband. Those seem to bother me much less for whatever reason. Hoping and praying for a good outcome. I've also been doing that Circle and Bloom mind-body meditation. Anyone else try that? I keep falling asleep early on, so I don't think I get the full effect. . Doesn't matter what time of day I do it....guess I am able to relax easily (or overly tired). Be strong and keep believing in miracles everyone!

2/13/2012 5:54 PM
Hi Shawkins28.
I am in the same boat with you. I start Lupron tomorrow and this is my first IVF cycle. I also share the same feelings excited/stressed/sad/happy.....i never know when I wake up each morning which one I'll feel...many days all of them.
I'm also here if you want to talk. I wish you the best!

2/11/2012 6:29 PM
I've been reading a lot of posts in this forum since September when my husband and I found out that IVF would be our best option for having children. There are so many highs and lows in this experience, it helps to know that I'm not alone in this. We completed our first cycle in October/November, 2011 without success. We decided to try again and this past week, I just began my second round of stimulation.

Just wondering if anyone else out there was at a similar place/experience to share in this with me.

shawkins28--how did your cycle go? How many embryos were transferred? Success? Hoping all is going well for you.

12/11/2011 8:21 PM
I am getting ready to start IVF as well. I should be getting my meds on tuesday and learn how to use them on the 21st of this month. I know I am very excited/stressed/sad/happy about this whole process. I dont know about the rest of you but some days I am ok with this IVF and other days I have such a hard time with coming to terms with doing this process.

I just had the sonohysterogram on friday. It wasn't too bad. It was uncomfortable but nothing us women cant handle!! : ) It is also not something I ever want to do again either.

I guess I am on here hoping to talk to others that are in the same boat as myself and my husband. So if anyone else wants to talk I am here!!

8/29/2011 3:20 PM
Hi Baby#2,

I completely understand how frightened and nervous you must be. I'm on day 14 of the total 45 day process of IVF. So far, its been easy but I have to admit that when I received my shipment of meds last Friday I was totally overwhelmed! Then, I started thinking about the thousands of people who have to take shots as a daily part of their life and I was humbled into having a better attitude towards the whole thing.

Today I go in for a trial transfer. They use saline to deetermine the shape of your uterus before starting you on the heavy duty fertility drugs. From what I've read and heard it doesn't seem like it will be too intense of a procedure.

I'm happy to share what's going on with me so you have a head's up on what to expect.

All the best to you!

8/20/2010 12:08 PM
I will be starting IVF treatments in a couple of weeks. I'm not sure what to expect, feeling nervous and scared.

4/23/2010 10:02 AM
Jammers,
I so wish I could answer this question for ya!! Hopefully soon.....lol
Good luck

TJ......oldmom

3/6/2010 9:55 AM
how many cycles did it take you to get pregnant with IVF
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Share your own and read others' experiences in the following categories:

© 2017 DesignRx, LLC, Inc.    •    1.877.416.6600