Normal Starting Dose of Follistim
Home | About DesignRx | Provider Resources  
DesignRx Forums
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Home     

Normal Starting Dose of Follistim Expand / Collapse
6/28/2014 10:58 AM
Omg lol auto correct! I meant fingers crossed!!!

6/28/2014 10:56 AM
Dali, you sound almost exactly like me. My initial amh was .75 and fsh 6.1. It's scary how things can change in just a matter of months. I did egg freezing, had 8 follicles ( which was a surprise since I had 14 just 2 mos earlier), 6 retrieved and all 6 frozen. Sorry the ivf isn't working out for you, but hopefully iui will! Gingers crooked for you!

6/27/2014 5:13 PM
I'll be 37 in a month, and on the same doses (Follistim 300IU mixed with 2 vials of Menopur) those sting a bit- both price and pain. I screwed up the first 2 days by only doing 1 menapur vial. I did my bloodwork and the nurse called to tell me that the doctor wants me to continue on this same dose for the next 2 days, I did an ultrasound and was told that my follicle count is not high enough for IVF, but is recommending IUI again at a 25% rate. My my AMH was good but my FSH were way better 8 months ago on no meds. I have 6 follicles, and only 3 are the right size.
So we will try the IUI next week, but then I'll have a ton of used meds to unload. is there a place to donate or sell these?

6/27/2014 5:11 PM
I'll be 37 in a month, and on the same doses (Follistim 300IU mixed with 2 vials of Menopur) those sting a bit- both price and pain. I screwed up the first 2 days by only doing 1 menapur vial. I did my bloodwork and the nurse called to tell me that the doctor wants me to continue on this same dose for the next 2 days, I did an ultrasound and was told that my follicle count is not high enough for IVF, but is recommending IUI again at a 25% rate. My my AMH was good but my FSH were way better 8 months ago on no meds. I have 6 follicles, and only 3 are the right size.
So we will try the IUI next week, but then I'll have a ton of used meds to unload. is there a place to donate or sell these?

6/18/2014 6:34 PM
Holy cow now I'm a little worried. I'm 37 and just started the Follistim 300IU mixed with 2 vials of Menopur. I just did my day 3 bloodwork and the nurse called to tell me that the doctor wants me to continue on this same dose for the next 3 days. I wonder why mine is so much higher than everyone else's? I recall that my AMH was good but my FSH was a little low (I can't remember the exact number but it was low average, like 25%ile) although I had 14 follicles. and that's without Follistim!

7/16/2013 4:54 PM
New here. I'm 40 and have only been pregnant once (2006- miscarried)
Finally trying again.....but afraid it might be to late. I just started the shots Friday at 150iu.
my blood work yesterday said my estrogen level was at 144.....
I really don't know what that means.
No side effects thus far that I can tell. A little tired some and had a few small headaches (figured it was from lack of Caffeine)
Hoping I'm on the right track....sono tomorrow

4/8/2012 8:59 PM
I'm new to all this and just went through my first cycle at 37. my doctor planned to start me on 150, but increased that to 300 when my monitoring clinic said they only saw 1 follicle at the suppression check. Turned out that clinic was totally wrong - I developed ~40 follicles (& 26 eggs) and my doctor ramped my dose down to 150 then 75 then 0. Good luck.

3/27/2012 11:18 PM
Hi, all:

New here but not to IVF. It's been 6 years though... question: What does your starting dose of Follistim (or Gonal F) depend on? Age? E2 levels? Just curious. I started at 175 IU at 34 years old, starting at 225IU at 40.

Thanks!!!

10/14/2011 3:03 PM
I just finished my 3rd IUI cycle with injectibles. Each cycle i was started on 75 iu of Follistim but i think it depends on how you react to the medication. (higher or lower dose). They always determined the amount by how my follicles looked. Good Luck!!

10/5/2011 12:10 PM
We started our first round right after my 32nd birthday. They started me on 150IU Follistim and never went down. The last dose I took was 225IU. I guess all that matters is are your follicles maturing? If so, you're good to go!

11/29/2009 2:01 PM
Thank you for your reply. This information is very helpful and I plan to ask my doctor about the dosage amount. I just turned 30 so that may have something to do with the small dosage. Keeping my fingers crossed! Hope you had success on your journey.

11/29/2009 1:09 PM
To mareweb, That does seem like a small dose, but it may have to do with your age. The very first time my doctor had me on Follistim he started me out with 150IU. That amount ended up being way too high for me. I started to get that hyperstimulation. He was just guessing what amount to start me out on because everyone is so different. He told me there are woman my age and older that he has to give 200IUI to and that still doesnt work for them. After several times of using Follistim i ended up with a starting dose of 42IU for about 4 days and then went down each day from there to 33IU to 25IU etc. I would ask my doctor about the dose first. There is nothing wrong with asking questions if you dont understand it clearly. Remember you are the one paying for all of this. I know sometimes I really dont understand why my doctor does some things, but sometimes makes sense later on down the road. Anyways. I just thought I would tell you what I have experienced with it. Maybe somebody else has something different. I wish you luck. Keep us posted.

11/28/2009 3:11 PM
I am beginning my first cycle with Follistim injections and I am concerned my dose is too small at 37.5 IUs daily. It seems from my research that most starting doses start at 75 IUs. I know the concerns with hyperstimulation but I am also concerned about having to unnecessarily repeat cycles because the dosage was way too low. I plan to call my doctor but am interested in any feedback. As you know, these cycles can be expensive.
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Share your own and read others' experiences in the following categories:

© 2017 DesignRx, LLC, Inc.    •    1.877.416.6600