Early LH surge on Follistim
Home | About DesignRx | Provider Resources  
DesignRx Forums
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Home     

Early LH surge on Follistim Expand / Collapse
12/2/2011 7:40 PM
First time trying meds/IUI - I know I'm like 2 years too late for the conversation...but I too have been taking Follistim for five days now and had u/s and b/w done today CD7. My u/s showed 7 follies L: 1@9mm, 1@11mm R: 2@9mm, 2@11mm = 6 total follies. I've have PCOS so my RE has been cautious and I've been taking 150iu. Just for tonight I'm to take 225iu to step it up a notch over the weekend and then return for u/s and b/w on Monday. I'm on Follistim for about 8-10days so that gives me about 3-5 more days - we'll see how it goes! GROW FOLLIES GROW!!!

Thanks for sharing all your stories - if you have a chance, I'd love to hear any updates!

7/24/2009 10:51 AM
In my next cycle my doctor had me doing Antagon injections starting after a couple of days of Follistim. That kept me from having a natural LH surge and they were able to drag out the process for several more days and get several follicles to fully mature before I did the trigger shot and had the IUI. We just did another round, and now trying to get through the dreaded 2ww!

7/17/2009 8:50 PM
Sal22- I have recently had the same problem with an early lh surge. When that happened to you did you start your next cycle on time or did not Oing a mature follie delay your next cycle?

Thanks for your help!

Stephanie

3/13/2009 9:05 AM
I haven't experienced that problem, but I have used Antagon during one injectables cycle to prevent ovulation in order to allow a couple of follicles the chance to grow. Usually I am ready to trigger after 6-7 days of Follistim. What were your follicle sizes when your LH surge started?

3/11/2009 10:38 AM
I've done two cycles of Follistim with IUI and both times my LH surged naturally after just 6 days of injections. So even though I was getting lots of good follicles both times, the eggs released before they had time to get fully mature because of my LH surge so early in the cycle. Has anyone else had this problem?
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Share your own and read others' experiences in the following categories:

© 2017 DesignRx, LLC, Inc.    •    1.877.416.6600