Follicle count
Home | About DesignRx | Provider Resources  
DesignRx Forums
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Home     

Follicle count Expand / Collapse
3/27/2012 11:12 PM
HI all. I'm new here, but not new to all of this. Had a successful IVF cycle 6 years ago- have a beautiful 5 year old daughter from it- and got pregnant with FET last June but had miscarriage at 16 weeks. It has been the most horrific thing I've ever gone through. We're doing another round of IVF, I go in tomorrow for first sonogram after first 4 days of stimulation, and was just checking in to see what kinds of numbers others are finding with follicles/eggs. Ours is male factor and at 34 I got 17 eggs. I'm 40 now and wondering what to expect. I wish you all the best and look forward to sharing this stressful journey with others!!!!

2/6/2012 10:24 PM
I am totally fustrated. On saturday I went to my doctor and had blood work and Ultra sound done I was day 13. Well they called and told me that my estrogen level was dropping so he was keeping me at the 200ius of follistem and the shot of Ganarelex that I was too take that the next two days and go in for blood work and ultra sound. Also that I had a few follicles growing but none were at size. So I go in today for my blood work and ultra sound. I recieve a call telling me they were calling my cycle because I had over 20 follicles and I was over stimulated. I just don't understand how I can go from a few to over 20 in 2 days.

I have PCOS and have done the clomide cycle 4 times and did 5 times of follistem which didn't work. We decided to take time off and we took over a year off. We found a new doctor and that was our first time with him. I just don't know what to do.

12/2/2011 7:39 PM
I know I'm like 2 years too late for the conversation...but I too have been taking Follistim for five days now and had u/s and b/w done today CD7. My u/s showed 7 follies L: 1@9mm, 1@11mm R: 2@9mm, 2@11mm = 6 total follies. I've have PCOS so my RE has been cautious and I've been taking 150iu. Just for tonight I'm to take 225iu to step it up a notch over the weekend and then return for u/s and b/w on Monday. I'm on Follistim for about 8-10days so that gives me about 3-5 more days - we'll see how it goes! GROW FOLLIES GROW!!!

Thanks for sharing all your stories - if you have a chance, I'd love to hear any updates!

10/5/2011 12:07 PM
Our doctor told us that they shoot for a dozen. Until I started reading this forum I didn't even know people could get 20 follicles at a time. I only had 6. The bad news is, not every follicle has an egg in it. Out of my 6 follicles we had only 2 eggs (no frozen cycle for us!) but we did get 2 beautiful little embryos. Unfortunately neither of them took and our first round was unsuccessful. We plan to try again and hope to get more than 6 follicles/2 eggs.

Even under the best of circumstances this is a very difficult journey! It's nice to have others to share it with!

2/16/2011 12:54 PM
Thank you Kan! Taking it easy this month. Good luck to you with your procedure. Baby dust right back at ya!

2/13/2011 2:52 PM
Hope4Baby....I'm sorry....I am on cycle day 12 of a clomid cycle with a trigger to come followed by IUI....I was soooo hoping for you....I am sending lots of baby dust your way:0)

2/13/2011 2:00 PM
I didnt have to wait till Saturday to test - AF showed up on Friday. Neadless to say, I was extremely disappointed. I have to say that this waiting session was the worse by far. It took all those days of anxiety and sleepless nights for me to realize that I can not do this to myself. I will try IUI again and hope to take it much easier on myself as I did this past month. I'm slowly learning that I can not control this and must let go at one point. I'm looking forward to that - to letting go. Will keep you posted of the progress.

2/11/2011 1:13 PM
Bethy, that is GREAT news. OMG, you must be so thrilled!!! I got chills reading your posting, I am very excited for you.
Knitripps, good luck this month!! Baby Dust to you and me!!

2/10/2011 8:20 PM
Congrats Bethy!

Update: I had my IVF baseline ultrasound and blood work today. The nurse said that my ovaries look good. Later in the afternoon I received a call that the blood work came back and they want me to lower the dose of my Lupron shots (decrease from 10 units to 5). Monday I will start my stims and next Wednesday will be my next round of ultrasound/blood work. I treated myself to trip to the salon tonight for a much needed haircut and style.

2/10/2011 1:23 AM
Hope4Baby, good luck on Saturday. We had our test on Tuesday and we were successful in our first round of treatment (Follistim and Ovidrel w/intercourse). Needless to say we're thrilled. But I'm proof that it does happen

2/9/2011 11:23 AM
Ladies, best of luck to you all.

I test this Saturday to see if my first round of IUI worked. I was put on Follistim and Ovadrel. I had three great looking eggs and everything else looked good. We opted for the IUI instead of trying by intercourse since I've been trying for over six years. His "swimmers" were also in great condition so my hopes are high today and they have been since the procedure. I test this Saturday to find out if it worked. I havent been sleeping much because I'm anxious waiting - I pray this time it took.

I know it's easier said than done but I've heard it from several women that once you "let go" of the matter and stop trying it happens. Not so much the case because after the first couple of years I gave up and nothing happened... I simply stopped trying and just kept doing what we were doing and several years later here I am still. I do however believe that low to no stress is key. Im trying.... Again, good luck to all of you. What ever youre doing, what ever it takes, may you all be blessed.

2/7/2011 11:33 AM
This almost happened to me last month and to say the least, I was disappointed, frustrated and annoyed. My doctor didn't give up though, after looking again at my estrogen levels and seeing that they weren't through the roof even though I had 7-8 eggs that looked ready to go, he had me NOT take any medication for a night and come back in for another ultrasound and the next day, I was back down to 4 eggs, which was right on the cusp of acceptable (since we are doing timed intercourse and not an IUI...)

I go for my pregnancy test tomorrow, day 15 since ovulation induction. I am almost not able to think about anything else....

I hope this offers you a little hope, maybe all is not lost for this cycle...

2/5/2011 8:51 PM
I have been trying to get pregnant for almost a year now...I'm a clomid failure, then tried letrozole, and now on letrozole and follistim hoping to do IUI for the first time. I am very frustrated. I went to MD today and I have 8 follicles...they are telling me they may cancel this cycle IUI do to too many follicles! THis is so frustrating..has anyone had this happen to them and if so what eventually worked for you? Looking for advice and answers........

12/13/2009 8:54 AM
Hi there! 7 is a beautiful number!!!!! I am nooooo expert. In fact, last month was my first IUI. Unfortunately, it was unsuccessful, partially due to my stubborness. I wanted to try it " on my own". I wanted to try it without any follistem, etc. I had only 2 follicles. As of Friday, I had 4. I also started taking 150 iu of follistim 2 Fridays ago, which progressed to 300 iu and started taking ganirelix on Thursday. Friday afternoon, the doctor's office called to tell me to take ovidrel this afternoon and schedule my 2 IUIs for tomorrow and Tuesday! Of course, I got the call after spending $125 for a dose of ganirelix that I hope I will not need again!!! So best of luck to you!!!!

9/25/2009 8:45 AM
Great, thanks! is this your 2nd round?

9/25/2009 6:44 AM
7 follicles is great! You haven't even done follistim yet! I was on follistim for six days and got only 2 follicles. The cycle was cancelled due to poor response. My clinic's guidelines for egg retrieval are at least 3 of 18mm. I had only 2 that were 14mm and 17mm. Hoping for better this time. No AF yet which is kinda making me anxious. 7 follicles is DEFINITELY promising!!

9/24/2009 11:01 PM
My husband and I have been tested for everything and we have nothing wrong, just cannot get pregnant. Starting IVF now and went in for u/s today and only had 7 follicles. I thought I should have like 25, but the doctor said it is okay. Anyone else heard of having that few?
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Share your own and read others' experiences in the following categories:

© 2017 DesignRx, LLC, Inc.    •    1.877.416.6600